What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does your spa have enough drink holders?  (Read 14420 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Does your spa have enough drink holders?
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:08:33 am »
Just purchased a Caldera Geneva and are still awaiting delivery.  I am just realizing there is  only one drink holder on the spa if you can call it that!  Not THAT big of a deal but I am wondering what others are doing to remedy this if your tub also lacks them.

Saw a few options and wondered if anyone has seen these or owns them?  

Anytime Table (A&B):  

Spa Caddy:

Spa Aquamate:

Leisure Accents Spa Bar:

Inflatable Spa drink holders (one floating, one not):

California Designs side bar:

Freestanding Spa Table (A&B):

I think I would prefer a freestanding unit (not crazy about putting holes in synthetic cabinet) unless someone assures me that its no big deal.  The spa caddy seems like the quickest solution and I could attach a couple to the side of the spa.  I would prefer maintainance free but the A&B stuff looks great!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 11:55:58 am by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

Does your spa have enough drink holders?
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:08:33 am »

PattiB

Re: Does your spa have enough drink holders?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:29:01 am »
Good Morning

Congratulations on your new tub. We have just put money down on a C series Caldera tub. In Canada it is a special going on. The tub is as close to a Geneva, but just scaled down some. Less jets, no outside lighting, and a few others.  It's a great tub . It also has no beverage holders. Sounds like I don't like this tub but, we are really, really excited to get this tub and it's perfect for us and the price. Those are great suggestions for a beverage holder alternative. Something to think about. Christmas is coming and those are great gift idea for the hubby..... and kids too... thanks again. Patti

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 11:58:41 am »
I'd suggest giving it a couple weeks before you go buying a bunch of accessories.  You migh find that you can manage without something you just had to have.

By the way,  my tub has a couple spots for beverages and the outer ledge on my tub works quite well.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 12:19:42 pm »
I too would wait and see if you really need the holders before buying them.  My tub has a built in area that will hold around 6 drinks, but I find that the side ledge is where our cans/glasses end up sitting most of the time.

JM2C
Jr

lskarp

• There is no patch for stupid
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 12:24:59 pm »
I agree, wait it out.  OUr filter lid flips over to hold 6 glasses and a bunch of ice to cool a bottle or 2 of wine/etc.  I can say we have only used it once.  

I prefer not to have stuff by the water that can fall into the water.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:25:33 pm »
Before purchasing a side mounted table or caddy,  remember to take a second look at your tub and make sure the cover, and the cover lifter won't interfere with it.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

anne

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 01:43:42 pm »
I would second Drew's opinion, and also I'd say wait to see if you need them. My tub has a holder (a small round indentation only) at practically every seat, but 2 of them are to the RIGHT of the seats, and I'm a leftie. I find that there is enough flat area for a drink to sit without a holder. I use wide based plastic cups.
Dance like nobody's watching

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 03:49:53 pm »
Good points everyone.  It seems the consenus is to save my money until the spa is in and I can see what will fit and what will not fit!   ;)

The spa is being installed in a corner of my patio against the deck and a low retaining wall...surrounded on three sides.  It does make sense to be patient but seeing these accessories causes me to chomp at the bit!!!  I will take the overwhelming advice and wait until it is installed to measure and proceed.

Thanks,

Marc
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:50:38 pm by gores95 »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 03:57:37 pm »
Good points everyone.  It seems the consenus is to save my money until the spa is in and I can see what will fit and what will not fit!   ;)

The spa is being installed in a corner of my patio against the deck and a low retaining wall...surrounded on three sides.  It does make sense to be patient but seeing these accessories causes me to chomp at the bit!!!  I will take the overwhelming advice and wait until it is installed to measure and proceed.

Thanks,

Marc

That's an excellent idea Marc.  There are a ton of extras you can buy, and it's good to be aware of them, but like you, I think it's best to wait a bit and see how things pan out before loading up on all the extras.  Good luck with your tub.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 04:13:47 pm »
I bought a package of these.  They work great.  
Set of 4 for $9.95 plus $5.00 S & H

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 04:18:28 pm »
I agree with the hold off comments.  There are NO drink holders on my Jacuzzi J-370 but there are PLENTY of places to sit drinks (Between the waterfalls, either side of the electronic controls on the opposite side, etc) so even though I didn't think that much about cup holders, I have found that they really aren't necessary (at least im our case).
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 04:36:07 pm »
I bought a package of these.  They work great.  
Set of 4 for $9.95 plus $5.00 S & H

Vlady,

Those look great and the price is right!  Did you buy them online?

Thanks,

Marc

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 05:16:43 pm »
Yep, I bought them online.  They will stick to anything!  The company I bought them from doesn't have them in stock anymore but I found this website that has them at the same price that I paid.
http://www.nu-temp.com/112.htm

realjet

• Nordic Crown
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 06:26:30 pm »
I have the spa caddy and I really like it. It swings out of the way.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 06:37:12 pm »
There is a plastic insert I can buy for my Optima ($35) that has a few cutouts that goes in a slot on the filter cover.  Not exactly convenient for anyone.

So I say my spa has 2 drink holders per person- one left hand and one right.

I might build myself some of those shelves one of these days (right!)
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 06:37:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42