What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi heaters  (Read 2862 times)

tileman

Jacuzzi heaters
« on: September 26, 2006, 05:15:48 am »
I have been doing quite a bit of research abut Jacuzzi and can't find much info about there 300 series' heaters. It is a tiny rectangular box that is connected from the circ pump to the ozone injecter to the ozonator. They call it a non-immersion heater that has an ultra low-watt density, energy-conserving stainless steel heating element. They tell me that "This system allows water to pass over the heater slowly, increasing the efficient transfer of heat to water and reducing mineral buildup." It seems a little small to me. How can such a small heater get the job done? Does anyone know much about the quality of these units.     Tileman

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi heaters
« on: September 26, 2006, 05:15:48 am »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Jacuzzi heaters
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 08:25:45 pm »
Geez, sounds like a sales pitch!!!! Since no one's responded, I will.

It's a good heater. If it's broken, you can get it.

We, along with many other tub dealer sell parts for other spas. If you need help finding one let us know. It may be something proprietary, so you should check with your local friendly jacuzzi dealer first. Best to give them the opportunity to help you. You may need them when it's 10 degrees outside.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:24 pm »
I am pretty certain that is the same heater that is on my J-370 3 year old tub.  The heater works VERY well by the way. The heated water comes out of the same hole the ozone comes out of.  I can sit in a 103-degree tub with both pumps going full blast and still dangle my foot near the holes a feel super-heated water coming from that little opening.  Don't let the size fool you.  It does the JOB VERY WELL.  It also seems to be VERY efficent with no energy wasted.  This heater is like the ones you will see on all the higher-end HGTV homes where the homeowner wants "instant" hot water and doesn't want a wastefull tank of water sitting around cooling off.  Great application IMHO.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

tileman

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:13:55 am »
Thanks for the info ndabunka. Nothin' like getting a response from someone who owns one. I've been to all the major dealers in my area and have been wet testing now for 5 weeks. I'm going back were I started. Jacuzzi.  There are 2 dealers within 15 miles of me. Both very professional and knowledgable. For my price range they are the best I wet tested IMO. I'm goin' in for one more soak this week in my future J-345. All goes well I'll stop posting these kind of Q's and start asking about water chemistry. :) :) ;D ;D

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 12:30:25 pm »
tileman,

i think you'll be really happy with a j-345. No complaints here.

Steve

srmthg3

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 01:48:08 pm »
My J-345 was set up 8/21. It's been great so far. Electric bill for Aug/Sept 06 is less than 05 and I have it set on most filtration cycles per day.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 01:48:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42