What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My HS spa is making a loud Gurgling sound  (Read 12157 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
My HS spa is making a loud Gurgling sound
« on: September 24, 2006, 08:22:29 pm »
I've had my HS Envoy for about a year now. I can definitely hear a fairly loud Gurgling sound that seems to have gotten louder over time. It sounds like water rushing through the pipes. Of course, you can only hear this when the jets are off and it's quiet in the back yard. Is this normal or should I have it looked at?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

My HS spa is making a loud Gurgling sound
« on: September 24, 2006, 08:22:29 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: My HS spa is making a loud Gurgling sound
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 08:37:59 pm »
Is it all over or does it come from the corner seat to the right of the soothing 7 seat?  I just noticed a noise from that seat last week.  

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 09:10:38 pm »
Is it all over or does it come from the corner seat to the right of the soothing 7 seat?  I just noticed a noise from that seat last week.  

It's actually pretty loud all over. If you are looking at the spa facing the Control Panel (6 O'clock) the side to the left (9 O'clock) seems to be the loudest. My spa is shimmed 3/4" on that side so it's slightly propped up. The sound might be louder in that area since it's off the ground.

I tried Terminator's trick turning off the Breaker and then turning on the 30A first and then the 20A later but it didn't make a difference. I read some posts relating this problem to Check Valves. Could this be the problem?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 09:52:07 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:03:56 pm »
I would carefully go over the ozone hose from the ozone generator to the injector, looking for cracks or holes.

If you have the soft, flexible black tubing, it may have failed. If so, it will suck in additional air, and that can contribute to the noise you are hearing.

If so, just go to your dealer. They should know about it - if not, ask them to call the tech hotline and find out.

If it is easier/quicker, or you just want to do it yourself, go to the home center and buy some tube. I use standard vinyl tubing to replace it with. It has given us better service than you would expect: some have been running with it now for five years. It turns brown inside, but it seems to stay in place and do the job. You may need to put the ends in a cup of hot water to get them to ease onto the barbed fittings and the check valve.

If your tubing is good from end to end, call your dealer. I had some little valves sent to me to install on a noisy ozone. They were simply aquarium brass valves with short lengths of tubing in place to make them slip in easily. You turn the valve down until you still get bubles but no noise. Works like a charm.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 07:43:55 am »
Look at the hose that connects to the front(suction) of the small circulating pump. Is there air at the point where it connects to the circ pump?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 07:25:41 pm »
Question? Did the tub start making gurgling sounds after the water was emptied from it? or did it just start gurgling on its own?

It does sound like the check valve gurgling...  from what others have experienced including myself.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 07:47:40 pm »
why would you call your dealer? or did you already?

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 09:34:55 pm »
Interesting that this same topic was discussed a couple of days ago on another board:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1763
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:35:45 pm by gores95 »

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 10:35:48 pm »
I think Chas hit the nail on the head!                                                                                                                    You are drawing in air from somewhere.  In addition to checking the ozone tubing also check(tighten) the unions on the suction and discharge lines on your pump(pumps).  More than likely the pump(s) is drawing air on the suction side.  Check the drain plugs also if your pump(s) have them.

Chas or another HS dealer would know better then me but I wouldn"t think there should be any air in the lines before the diverter valve.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:36:45 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 10:35:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42