What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used 1999 Arctic MidSummer - My Experience to Date  (Read 1546 times)

Utah

Used 1999 Arctic MidSummer - My Experience to Date
« on: September 25, 2006, 02:02:46 pm »
I've been told a number of folks are curious about going the used route so I thought I would try to keep everyone updated on how it is going.

One week in...
- Got hot tub hooked up.  Electrical was pretty easy.  I assisted the electrician with the grunt work to keep costs down.  Glad I did.  Learned alot and saved a few dollars.

- Have been soaking everynight with my 3 year old and my 6 year old.  Great quality time with the family.  When the kids get a bit rambutious, we give them a "dry out" instead of a "time-out".  Works like a charm.  3 year old is sleeping an extra 30 minutes in the morning which I have convinced my wife is due to our investment in the hot tub.

- Applied Behr "New Wood" conditioner to return cedar to original look.  Worked really well.  Highly recommend.  After it dried, sanded some of the stubborn stains and applied the Olympic Maximum stain that Arctic recommends.  BEAUTIFUL.  I have to say, I initially wanted a plastic skirt.  This tub looks brand new with the stain!  I am happy that I could restore it to its new look.  My wife was really impressed as well.

- Local Arctic dealer has been GREAT.  Offered tips on chemistry and cabinet maintenance.  They are a first class organization and held no grudge for not selling me a new one.

That's it for now.  I'll keep everyone posted in the weeks and months to come....

Doug

Hot Tub Forum

Used 1999 Arctic MidSummer - My Experience to Date
« on: September 25, 2006, 02:02:46 pm »

anne

Re: Used 1999 Arctic MidSummer - My Experience to
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 02:09:18 pm »
Congrats. I used that same Olympic seal on mine, and it is great stuff. If I'm good, I'll do it every other year or so......
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Used 1999 Arctic MidSummer - My Experience to
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 02:09:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42