What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pump overheating ??  Help  (Read 2729 times)

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Pump overheating ??  Help
« on: September 24, 2006, 02:22:26 pm »
I noticed my pump overheating.  I checked and the fan blades are turning, but I am not getting any air flow.  It is a D1 Triad.  Can any one offer suggestions?
Thanks;
Jac

Hot Tub Forum

Pump overheating ??  Help
« on: September 24, 2006, 02:22:26 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: Pump overheating ??  Help
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:28:05 pm »
It could be a number of things

1           Check the rear cover of the motor for any restrictions(full of spiderwebs etc.)
   2           could be normal if ambient temp is high (you didn't say where you live) its not uncommon for  
                the case of the motor to reach 120 deg F.
   3           windings on the motor could be going this first causes an increase in operating temp
   4           lack of airflow in your equipment compartment

Good idea to contact your dealer on Monday, sorry I couldn't offer any good news
Bullfrog 451

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 05:28:01 pm »
Thanks for your help.  It turns out the problem is #4.  The compartment exhaust fan is working, but no air is coming out through the screen in the bottom corner of the spa.  I vacuumed the screen and can see through it easily, but still no air.  

I just had my deck stained and while they were doing it, they moved the spa and had it resting on its side with the motor compartment up.  Seems like something must have shifted inside that blocked the passage from the fan to the exit.  Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get inside to try to unblock the passageway.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:21:27 pm »
Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get inside to try to unblock the passageway.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:21:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42