What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 79 Year Old Woman Found Dead in Hot Tub  (Read 7045 times)

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
Re: 79 Year Old Woman Found Dead in Hot Tub
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 06:21:34 pm »
So, drain and refill, or just dichlor shock?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 06:21:34 pm »

Vanguard

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 06:22:55 pm »
You guys are sooooo bad!  That was my dear old grandmother that drown!
not really, but did you feel bad for a minute there?

Seriously, I read that water @ 95 degrees can increase blood pressure 35%.
If she had high blood pressure, maybe she just boiled over. (Who's bad?)
Bama

Where did you read that.  I'm not going to disagree, but it doesn't make sense that water that is lower than your body temp would increase your blood pressure at all, let alone 35%.  Like I said, I won't disagree as I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I'd like to get the info on that.  Sounds strange to me.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Bama

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 06:56:58 pm »
Zep,

There is a sign at our local YMCA that informed patrons of the hot water threat to people with high blood pressure.  

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 08:04:49 pm »

ROTFLMHO!

With all due respect, of course....but then common sense must prevail.
2005 HS Vanguard

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 09:09:02 am »

I d also recomend washing and rinsing the filters extremely well. Standard pleated filters can hold that "dead old lady" smell for months unless properly cleaned.  You may even want to replace them, otherwise every time you use the tub, you'd swear you were sitting in a nursing home. However,  I believe Hotpsprings Tri-x filters and thier no bypass filtration  sytem should be able to handle it with just a bit of clarifier.

Grahamtasia, perhaps one of your Frangrance consultants could also recomend somthing ?  I'm thinking a touch of  peach -mango or Midnight passion fragrance would really take the edge off? What do you recomend?

;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:10:04 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 09:30:54 am »
I've told this story before:

A few years ago, one of our customers called and said someone had died in their Sovereign.  It was an 86 year old man who had gotten in their spa while they were out of town.  He had a heart attack and died.  He sat there cooking in the spa at 102 degrees for a few days and made old dead man soup.  Of course, the HotSpring exclusive 100% No-bypass Filtration filtered out the hair, teeth, and bones so that the spas internal components were protected.

The human remains had to be removed by a hazardous materials team as it was illegal to just drain the spa and fertilize the yard with the old fella.  The owner of the spa filled it up, shocked it with chlorine, drained it, repeated the procedure, and then filled it up again and balanced the water and still uses it to this day.  I believe my boss gave him some new filters, which was a nice gesture.

On some lonely dark nights in that spa, you can hear a ghostly voice whisper in your ear "Elizabeth, I'm comin' to join ya honey....."

[size=72]BOO![/size]

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

saint_chuck

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 10:40:28 am »
Lucky lady in my opinion.... Better than dying in a car, hospital bed, or a JIHAD.....Eh?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 10:40:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42