What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Crane Delivery  (Read 4076 times)

Spiderman

Crane Delivery
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:43:32 pm »
Do dealers charge the customer for crane deliveries or is that just part of the dealers "delivery included"??  I'm just curious because it seems like 50% of the people here have had there tubs delivered that way.  Crane rentals can't be cheap.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Crane Delivery
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:43:32 pm »

grumpy

Re: Crane Delivery
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 07:51:37 pm »
delivery was included in the price whether it was buy crane or man handeled. I was going to pick it up myself to save $300 of the final price but decided to get it delivered to save some aggrivation and possibility of something happening.

grumpy

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 07:53:42 pm »
Do dealers charge the customer for crane deliveries or is that just part of the dealers "delivery included"??  I'm just curious because it seems like 50% of the people here have had there tubs delivered that way.  Crane rentals can't be cheap.
The guy delivering mine today had 4 to deliverer between 12 and 4 so figure $300 charge per spa thats pretty good profit in my book.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:23:02 am »
Grumpy's spa dealer must have either their own crane, or have an uncle in the rental business if they can crane deliver a spa for $300!  Some people on this board have spent more than that just for the crane service.
 I know for certain that our spa, like most of them that I'm familiar with, had standard delivery included in the price, but certainly would not have included a crane had we needed one.

Brewman

grumpy

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 08:45:26 am »
I was supprise myself when they told me they would be using a crane with no additional charge for the crane :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 08:48:06 am »
My dealer sub contracts out all thier deliveries to a local company that provides crane service.  So, if you needed a crane, you don't have to worry.  All tubs arrive on a flatbed that has the crane available. Use of the crane is included.

The  delivery was "free"  and included into the final price of the tub. They "valued it" at $400.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:04:15 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:50:49 am »
Grumpy, what kind of spa do you have and how much did you pay?

I'm sure you ended up paying for the crane delivery.

grumpy

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 08:51:30 am »
Thats funny Titan deliver my tub! northeast Boston area?

grumpy

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 08:55:26 am »
Grumpy, what kind of spa do you have and how much did you pay?

I'm sure you ended up paying for the crane delivery.
I got a tiger river Bengal for $6000 including cover lifter,steps and chemicals.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 09:00:43 am »
Thats funny Titan deliver my tub! northeast Boston area?

Central MA.

Did you deal with New England Spa and Patio?
07 Caldera Geneva

grumpy

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 09:10:51 am »
YEP and it was a very pleasant shopping experience. Found to be very helpful and knowlageable.  :)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 09:28:49 am »
Do dealers charge the customer for crane deliveries or is that just part of the dealers "delivery included"??

We include delivery in our pricing.  Delivery is done by our crew chief who has been with us for 19 years.  He will take 2 helpers with him.  In the rare occurence that a crane is necessary, the customer is responsible for the cost of the crane.  It is usually around $300.  We have to use a crane maybe 2 times/year.  (That's another thing that's nice about living in Texas- the wide open spaces!) :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 09:34:42 am »
YEP and it was a very pleasant shopping experience. Found to be very helpful and knowlageable.  :)

I had one glitch with them with when they switched our orientation and we got handed over to a less than proffesional sales person who didn't appreciate or value my time and investment.  One quick note to the owner of the store (they have 4 throughout MA) and the issue was handled quickly and resolved.  I  like that.  Any dealer can look good when everything goes right, but it's how they handled the problems that tells you  who you are dealing with.

You're gonna love hot tubbing outside in the winter.  Did you get the 220 v set up?

Term, and texas is pretty flat.  Ma is not so wide open, and everything is on a hill.  We have hills on hills here.  ;)  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:35:03 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 09:45:47 am »

Between the ears???? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

grumpy

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 09:52:29 am »
I did get the 220v model which comes with the water fall and a 2 speed pump, new to this year model

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 09:52:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42