What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: water loss  (Read 2440 times)

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
water loss
« on: September 19, 2006, 12:58:21 pm »
hi,   is it normal to get a gallon or so water loss every 24 hours now that the weather has been getting colder?spa is used 2-3 times a day over all use is appx 60-90 minutes a day.heat is set at 104. thanks

Hot Tub Forum

water loss
« on: September 19, 2006, 12:58:21 pm »

hotelier

• Artesian Onyx Owner
Re: water loss
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:20:28 pm »
That sounds llike a reasonable amount to me.  Last winter, I would be topping off the spa to the tune of 20 gal per week.  Evaporation, water on bodies (taken out of the tub), water on the cover(running off when opened up),  all contribute to minimal water loss over time.

nicker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 01:33:57 pm »
Id say so based on your usage.  You do loose allot when you get out, suits hold allot of water.

WOW you get some good usage out of your spa, thats great!

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 02:02:20 pm »
yep lots of use once in mornin then before work and again around midnite or so also wife uses in late afternoon.its in a private porch so usually no suits.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 02:29:29 pm »
Sounds about right. The average person will take a quart with them when they get out. I know a couple on this board that take about a gallon. ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 02:34:11 pm »
Sounds about right. The average person will take a quart with them when they get out. I know a couple on this board that take about a gallon. ;D

when my brother's young kids use the tub, they stay in there all day and there actually seems to be more water in there when they get out. What's up with that?  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 02:36:16 pm »

when my brother's young kids use the tub, they stay in there all day and there actually seems to be more water in there when they get out. What's up with that?  ::)

B.F.R. (Body Fluid Reduction)
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 04:20:27 pm »
I've had my Artesian for almost two months now, and haven't had to add water yet. It's still at the same mark is was when I filled it up?
Temp has been 101 or higher, and usage has been 3-4 times per week, both suits and no suites.

20 Gal per week?

shabba34

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 12:41:23 pm »
I've had my Artesian for almost two months now, and haven't had to add water yet. It's still at the same mark is was when I filled it up?
Temp has been 101 or higher, and usage has been 3-4 times per week, both suits and no suites.

20 Gal per week?

That's because you got such a great deal, your spa even came with a free self re-filling accessory.  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 12:41:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42