What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Epic owners/dealers  HELP I have a dead rat.  (Read 13041 times)

BIGPOPPA

Re: Epic owners/dealers  HELP I have a dead rat.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 01:32:03 pm »
 ;D ;D Vinny Two Fingers  ;D ;D  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 01:32:03 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 02:06:37 pm »
I did say they were company cars, didn't I!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 09:59:59 pm »
I guess this is gross, but I want to know if you finally got your rat out. And how did it finally resolve? Hopefully, you were able to get the critter guards to keep his friends from joining him...
Support your dealer so they can support you!

anne

Re: Epic owners/dealers  HELP I have a dead r
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 10:16:27 pm »
As nasty as it is, I agree with those who say get it out on your own- dont wait. The smell will just get worse, and it'll linger in anything even a little bit porous.

This reminds me of when I was about 8 or 9.......we had a dead rat in the attick in an area too small for my dad to crawl in to get it........guess who got nominated?
Dance like nobody's watching

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 07:18:46 am »
We get field mice every winter. I try to use the hav-a-heart traps to catch them and let them out...far away from my house.
I was having a big party one Christmas with lots of people that my husband worked with....well a mouse got down into the wall between the kitchen and the bathroom and died...OH MY..the smell was horrible! Hubby thought candles would cover it up...no way. I took a box cutter and opened open the drywall behind the toilet and got that nasty thing out!...Good thing I have a great sense of smell because I probably could have cut all day and not found him.  He somehow got down where the pipe feeds the toilet, so the smell was strongest in that area....I hate when that happens! :P

ctkathy

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 03:02:37 pm »
Your spa should have had guards (metal, perferated steel) around the small opening in the front access panel to keep rodents out.  Call your dealer and ask for the guards as they will install them and it should cost nothing.

Well, I just called about our new Sundance which hasn't been delivered yet and was told there are no rodent guards and was not offered to have any protection installed gratis.  This doesn't seem very customer-service friendly for such an expensive spa.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Epic owners/dealers  HELP I have a dead r
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 03:08:16 pm »
Your spa should have had guards (metal, perferated steel) around the small opening in the front access panel to keep rodents out.  Call your dealer and ask for the guards as they will install them and it should cost nothing.

Well, I just called about our new Sundance which hasn't been delivered yet and was told there are no rodent guards and was not offered to have any protection installed gratis.  This doesn't seem very customer-service friendly for such an expensive spa.

You have a significanlty less chance of a rodent getting into your cabinet as it's full foamed.  You could open the cabinet yoruself and screen in any areas that you thought rodents might get into . It woudn't be a big job.
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 03:18:54 pm »
Drew, the openings that I was talking about on my tub went into the equipment compartment. But if I recall that picture that Term had showed damage well into the foamed areas....Shoot they can chew through foam...they chew through anything :o

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 04:31:40 pm »
We get field mice every winter. I try to use the hav-a-heart traps to catch them and let them out...far away from my house.
I was having a big party one Christmas with lots of people that my husband worked with....well a mouse got down into the wall between the kitchen and the bathroom and died...OH MY..the smell was horrible! Hubby thought candles would cover it up...no way. I took a box cutter and opened open the drywall behind the toilet and got that nasty thing out!...Good thing I have a great sense of smell because I probably could have cut all day and not found him.  He somehow got down where the pipe feeds the toilet, so the smell was strongest in that area....I hate when that happens! :P

A couple of years ago we had a dead animal smell coming from under the house. I didn't realize how bad it was until AFTER I got over the flu, by which time it had been there a couple of weeks. Spice was on a long term contract 1000 miles away at the time, so I called AAA Animal Removal and they came, told me it would be $125 to find and remove the critter if no demolition was involved.

Turns out there was no demolition, but the guy came and knocked on the door in a few minutes and said he had to charge me more - $125 was for the first . . . get this . . . 75 pounds!!!

There was a dead deer that had crawled into a space under our front deck. That freaked me right out!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 04:45:32 pm »
Varmint damage on a 3 year old thermal pain spa (Sunbelt):

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 04:53:01 pm »
My wife has seen some kind of critter (wood chuck?) going under our deck, I haven't put the lattice work up yet.

She was worried that it is living there and I explained to her that with a dog, I doubt it.  Hey we're city folks, this stuff freaks us out!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 04:56:36 pm »
Woops, that wasn't a full foam tub after all...sorry, but that was my point anyway...critters are really destructive.
Vinny, groundhog is really good in the gravy, you know like when you put a nice piece of pork and garlic in the olive oil to start ...just use groundhog ;D...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 04:56:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42