What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1st post, would like your help  (Read 3279 times)

tileman

1st post, would like your help
« on: September 17, 2006, 02:12:26 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this forum and would like your help. I've been spa shopping for about 4 weeks now (on the web and in stores). I've read alot of your posts and have learned alot. THANKS. I 'm wet testing a 2006 J-355($6600) and a 2006 J-345($6100) on wednesday. Both come w/ ozonator, locking cover, steps, hydraulic lifter, delivery, chemicals and Jacuzzi's unbeleilivable warranties. I've been to HS, CALDERA, MARQUIS, and Jacuzzi dealors. Am I getting the best spa for my $$$$, or am I being mislead. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Hot Tub Forum

1st post, would like your help
« on: September 17, 2006, 02:12:26 pm »

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
Re: 1st post, would like your help
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 02:35:07 pm »
Hello Tileman,

From one spa shopper to another, what did you think of the other spas you saw?  What models were you comparing?  How did their features & prices compare with the Jacuzzis you are looking at now?

Thanks!

Altazi

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 02:37:24 pm »
Only you can determine if it's the best value for you.

If your looking for cheap, then that's not value. Jacuzzi is a great spa as are others. If you like it and the dealer - go for it.

Pricing can be very different depending on the area of the country you live in, so your prices may seem low or high based on other people's shopping area but that doesn't mean that you got a bargin or are being taken.

tileman

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 02:58:12 pm »
Hi altazar, I was comparing them to the HS sovereign, Marquis reward, and the Caldera moorea all are good spas and seem to have similar features but Jacuzzi was the cheapest(which scares me) but in my opinion it sat the best and had just as strong of jets.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 03:37:52 pm »
What was it about their warranty that impressed you, it seems like a good but fairly standard one for the industry.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 03:43:07 pm »
Hello Tileman,

From one spa shopper to another, what did you think of the other spas you saw?  What models were you comparing?  How did their features & prices compare with the Jacuzzis you are looking at now?

Thanks!

Altazi

Price is the most subjective and variable part of spa shopping.  All I can say is the price is within reason and after alll is done, you would probably be satisifed with that purchase, the value is certainly there.

Welcome to the forum.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 04:42:49 pm »
From what I've learned from John (n1oty), a tremendously helpful and well informed tech on rhtubs website, it's his opinion that the electronics on the 355 and higher numbered Jacuzzi's, as well as the higher end Sundance tubs, are among the best in the business.

tileman

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 04:49:32 pm »
It's nice to finally get some technical history from someone about Jaccuzi. Thanks so much for your help Pisces.

Spiderman

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 08:07:43 pm »
HS Sovereign should run around $6700-$7000 and has moto massage.  Granted it's only a single moto, but it's a great tub overall.  How each tub feels to you is the most important.  I'm curious though, what price were you quoted on the Caldera??
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

tileman

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 08:18:23 pm »
 Hey, Spiderman. They were asking $7500.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Tileman

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 10:04:46 pm »
Hi altazar, I was comparing them to the HS sovereign, Marquis reward, and the Caldera moorea all are good spas and seem to have similar features but Jacuzzi was the cheapest(which scares me) but in my opinion it sat the best and had just as strong of jets.

Tileman - That "slightly lower" price point is Jacuzzi's "hook".  In short, they are either (1) more efficent or (2) less greedy than the other Mfgs.   I bought a J-370 4 years ago and have had good success with it.  Reasons I bought it (1) They are the originator, (2) The quality is there, (3) Warranty is as good or better than everything else in it's price range, I liked it.   The Hot Springs guys tried to sell me on a Tiger River (shorter warranty and slightly smaller tub), etc.  Marquis is a good tub as is Caldera but you often don't get "as much" tub in those lines as you can (for the same price) in a Jacuzzi.  Even Sundance (who is also owned by Jacuzzi) is more expensive but has nearly the same features.   As long as your buiying a NEW Jacuzzi from a local dealer, you should be "good to go".  Some older hot tubs were sold at Lowes in the past.  They had the Jacuzzi name on them but that was about it.   That was 6 or 7 years back
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 10:11:07 pm »
tileman,

From your previous post, I know you are in the St. Louis area.  If you are at all interested in a SunDance spa, PM me and I will give you the specifics on the dealer we just bought ours from.  They are definately not the cheapest tub on the market, but the service and quality we have received so far has been 2nd to none.

Jr

lagator43

• My wings are a shield of steel.
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 04:36:19 pm »
I am trying to decide between Jacuzzi, Beachcomber, and Arctic.  Which one is best value for the money???  My head hurts.  HELP!!!

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 05:32:06 pm »
7500 is a good price on the Sovereign.

Wet test and see which spa works the best for you.  None are poorly made.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 06:06:59 pm »
You pretty much get what you pay for. A lower price spa may seem like a good idea and even have more options than a higher price one, but are the higher price ones just making more money for the dealer/manufacturer or are they using higher quality parts to build it.

I can build two 7' spas with two pumps that look almost the same but one cost retail $4,500 and the other is $8,000 and I make the same profit off both. Which one is better?
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 06:06:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42