What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: master spa lsx2  (Read 2327 times)

HSKRN8N

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
master spa lsx2
« on: September 18, 2006, 10:01:45 am »
Ok...  I know the MASTER spas get bad press on this forum BUT does anybody have positive thoughts on the ls2x with the TV/Stereo system.  I almost did the deal this weekend.  12,250 all included.  We also were looking at lsx with stereo/LED lights for 10k!! (Fair prices - Colorado) We have owned a D1 Lotus Bay in the past and were looking for something different!   Thanks for the thoughts!  

Hot Tub Forum

master spa lsx2
« on: September 18, 2006, 10:01:45 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: master spa lsx2
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 12:15:09 pm »
OK, I'm confused...Did you buy the Lotus last year when you were looking and then sell it? When did you have a Lotus bay? What happend to it?

You also looked at Master last year and Cal....

We sold quite a few of the TV spas about 2 to 3 years ago and to date not one of them still opperates the TV or Stereo correctly. Spend you money on a quality spa not on the gadgets and then buy a good waterproof TV to put out by the spa that you can replace easily if needed.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:16:52 pm »
Ok...  I know the MASTER spas get bad press on this forum BUT does anybody have positive thoughts on the ls2x with the TV/Stereo system.  I almost did the deal this weekend.  12,250 all included.  We also were looking at lsx with stereo/LED lights for 10k!! (Fair prices - Colorado) We have owned a D1 Lotus Bay in the past and were looking for something different!   Thanks for the thoughts!  

I would skip the TV altogether (and i'm not a fan of stereo spa eatier from a quality standpoint). You don't need the headaches associated with it when/if there are issues.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 12:19:42 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

HSKRN8N

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 12:21:43 pm »
We bought the Lotus last year and we sold our house with the Lotus Bay.   We may end up with one again I sat in a Master Spa that a friend of mine owns and was blown away by the comfort and power of the jets, yes we have looked at CAL Spas as well just want to get the best comfort for the best value.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 12:29:15 pm »
I have a friend with that Master Spa, and it was indeed comfortable.  Most of the bad press here is with practices of the company, not against the spa itself.   As long as you don't fall for a 100% rebate scam and didn't attend a super spa show with the 16 top dealers and to end up only seeing Master, I think you will do alright if you like this spa.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:39:58 pm »
We bought the Lotus last year and we sold our house with the Lotus Bay.   We may end up with one again I sat in a Master Spa that a friend of mine owns and was blown away by the comfort and power of the jets, yes we have looked at CAL Spas as well just want to get the best comfort for the best value.

If your in Colorado I would be happy to show you the new Nautilus or even the Marquis Epic and would also be happy to have you talk with several of these customers that bought the Masters spas and have had electronic issues.

Your are right though...Comfort and jets are great in the Master it's just a shame that the quality and product support is not at the same level.

You can find several other brands that will give you those features with a better reputation. Again...PM me and I'm happy to help, if you are in my area I will meet with you if your not I will hook you up with dealers that are (They may be differant brands but I will give you names of good dealers).

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 02:27:22 pm »
Great advice by all posters thus far.  Definitely nix the TV, and, IMHO, the stereo as well.

If you are fortunate enough to live near stuart, do yourself a favor and let him take care of you.

Otherwise, I am an extremely happy owner of a 2004 LSX.  In the 2+ years that I have had my tub, MS has replaced 2 spinner jets under warranty (bubba stu, I just had the 2nd one sent to me straight from the factory after only a 1.5 week wait and at no cost to me...from my perspective, the service is fine.)  The electronics are manufactured by Balboa and, so far, mine have been perfect.  If you'd like to read my review of the LSX, check here.

Good luck with your search.  If you have any other questions about the LSX, feel free to post here or send me a pm.  You are very lucky to have a friend with a spa which has therapy that you really like.  There's no better wet test...especially if he's buying the beer! 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 02:27:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42