What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spas  (Read 12154 times)

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Cal Spas
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 02:01:10 pm »
Um the classic 22 is available with or without a lounge and the 22 isnt a series its the classic part that is the series and is Cal Spas number one selling series of tub. It in no way uses a corner seat in order to house a filter. Maybe study a little before spewing nonsense. Thanks in advance.
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 02:01:10 pm »

Pathfinder

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 05:28:25 pm »
Sorry!!   My Bad,  yes the conversion should have been the other way around wasnt really paying attention  as it was Friday  and trying to get an order in   yes 9K is way too much money  you should be able to get a Classic 51 for that price

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 08:18:34 pm »
Um the classic 22 is available with or without a lounge and the 22 isnt a series its the classic part that is the series and is Cal Spas number one selling series of tub. It in no way uses a corner seat in order to house a filter. Maybe study a little before spewing nonsense. Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'll spew if I want to and thank you to keep that kind of rude and unnecessary comment to yourself. If you want correct something I said in error that is fine but I "studied" just fine.

http://www.calspas.com/hot_tubs/

Seems pretty clear to me from their website that the Classic Series has three versions, the Classic 51, Classic 36 and Classic 22 based primarily on the number of jets. Certainly suggests that it is a series to me and the lower end of the Classic line. You are entitled to your interpretation but I am perfectly happy with mine. In fact the website calls it the "Classic 22 Series Spas". Within the Classic 22 series there are at least 13 variations that I see listed on the website so if somebody says they are looking at a Classic 22 as this person did

Any luck with CAL SPAS??  I am considering a CAL SPA classic 22, price is $9000???
Thanks - Fort Collins area

Then it is difficult to know which model they are looking at now isn't it?

As to filter boxes in the corner lets take a look:

CR22

Hmm, looks like a filter box in the corner to me! Can you sit there? Sure. Is it comfortable? Probably not. Does it offer any therapy or jets of any kind? No. Looks like a wasted corner seat to me.

Oh wait, lets look at the CS22

Hmm, looks like another filter box in the corner to me! Can you sit there? Sure. Is it comfortable? Probably not. Does it offer any therapy or jets of any kind? No. Looks like yet another wasted corner seat to me.

I could go one but it really isn't worth wasting my time.

Perhaps it is you who should study a little. And maybe work on a little manners while you are at it.

Thanks ever so much in advance.

In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 09:20:54 pm »
Yeah spaman, I don't spread BS.
It was a dealer in Southwestern Ontario who is part of the Sima group of distributors.  There were none set up for wet testing and since I drive by there every day, I have been in there since and seen similar from Cal.
Sorry but the product does not impress me.
It looks nice from the top, but that's about it, IMHO.
My Marquis dealer is a member of the Sima group and according to him. they want him to sell Cal and he refuses.  He has Marquis spas in his building, no Cal spas or brochures.  His customer service is crap, as Marquis damn well knows, so it's probably good that he sells a good product.
Steve

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 07:48:22 am »
re:tanstaafl2 posting:

"Hmm, looks like a filter box in the corner to me! Can you sit there? Sure. Is it comfortable?
Probably not......Looks like yet another wasted corner seat to me."

Kind of like the Hot Springs Grandee shown below has a filter box in the corner?

Kind of like the Hot Springs Vanguard shown below has a filter box in the corner?

[size=12]tanstaafl2[/size] are you saying HotSprings wastes corner seats too?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 08:06:39 am by Zep »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 01:36:43 pm »
[size=12]tanstaafl2[/size] are you saying HotSprings wastes corner seats too?

Yes, in my opinion I do think they waste a corner seat and it is one reason I did not buy a Hot Springs spa.

From my original post:
No experience with the brand and as far as I can tell the 22 is a family of spas so hard to know which one you are refering to. But it appears that series is not one of the higher end spas so that price seems a little high. I also prefer a spa that doesn't wipe out a corner seat with the filter box but that is just a personal preference on my part.

I think that losing a corner seat would make the spa less comfortable for four adults, something that was an important feature to me. Cal Spa actually has more of a seat in the corner with the filter box than does Hot Springs. But it still is not a therpeutic seat in that it has no visible jets nor does it look very comfortable as it has a more upright back than the other corner seats. I can only judge from the website as Cal Spa is not even available in this area as far as I can tell from the dealer locator on the website.

But it is my opinion based on what I can see and my own experience shopping for other spas. And I am pretty sure it is an accurate reflection of my opinion. If I am in error I am happy to learn otherwise if one wished to do so in a civil manner.

Any luck with CAL SPAS??  I am considering a CAL SPA classic 22, price is $9000???
Thanks - Fort Collins area

And I still don't think the spa is worth 9K based on what I see on the website and my own experience shopping for spas, which was the original question. And I thought this website was a place to share honest opinions. Perhaps not.

At least one other poster seems to agree with my opinion:

Oh and 9k is too much! Call me! ;)

Not that I would have any interest in buying a Cal Spa or any other spa from that particular poster.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 01:53:02 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 02:23:46 pm »
Why did HotSpring get dragged into this???

Yes, one of the trade-offs to having 100% No-bypass filtration is that it makes the most sense to put the filters in the corner.  There are a lot of filters.  More filters, cleaner water, cleaner pumps, cleaner heater, cleaner plumbing, one less corner seat.

Anyway, back to ya'lls bickering..... ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tileman

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 02:40:01 pm »
I was in a CAL-SPA  dealor this weekend and was almost ready to buy one, when all of a sudden 2 of the jets came flying out in 1 of there filled floor models. After seeing that i went around to all the other models only to find out that all their jets come out way to easy. I'd stay clear. You get alot for your $$$$ but thats not always a good thing. Plus they are EXTREMELY loud.

spaman--

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 02:46:17 pm »
The corner seats are very comfortable and very useful not at all effected by the filter housing, ya should try it before making an uneducated guess weather or not it is useful or not. I can tell obviously you have issues with Cal Spas not certain what they are about as I have said all manufacturers have probolematic dealers no manufacturer is excluded well except maybe Thermo Spas. However Cal Spas is making huge efforts to eliminate its problematic dealers as does all manufacturers. Markets vary and different brands dominate certain markets. In Denver it happens to be Cal Spas as well as Minnesota. Why? Because we are a reputable dealer that takes care of customers and is well known for that as well as being the most established spa dealer in both markets. If Cal Spas were a bad product we wouldnt be successful at all and would probably be changing brands every couple years as most dealers in both markets have done. Our annual numbers obviously speak leaps and bounds about Cal Spas quality,reputation and value in both markets. I deem this proof that a good dealer and a good product will be successfull every year.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 02:47:46 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Pathfinder

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006, 02:50:38 pm »
I was in a CAL-SPA  dealor this weekend and was almost ready to buy one, when all of a sudden 2 of the jets came flying out in 1 of there filled floor models. After seeing that i went around to all the other models only to find out that all their jets come out way to easy. I'd stay clear. You get alot for your $$$$ but thats not always a good thing. Plus they are EXTREMELY loud.

I would have to say that is complete and total BS  jets do not pop
out easily on Cal spa tubs and they sure as hell do not run loud

where was this dealer  and what tub do you own

spaman--

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 02:57:30 pm »

Cal Spas uses Water Way Jets leader in manufacturing of jets in the entire industry. The functionality of the jet is simple, turn it counter clock wise til it clicks and it will pop out, thus being made possible so that the user can inner change the jets to place different styles of jets in different locations. The jets will not pop out until the click is established, if the jet is left past the click position, it will definatley pop out. Need I list all of the spa manufacturers using waterway jets? As far as your claim of Cal Spas being loud,  if the neck and shoulder jets are on yes it is loud as theres no way to quiet the sound of water. If your implying that our pumps are loud,your mistaken as all of our pumps are mounted on rubber grommets to eliminate the vibration onto the frame.Thanks for playing! ;)
-SpaMan~

spaman--

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 02:59:28 pm »
Why did HotSpring get dragged into this???

Yes, one of the trade-offs to having 100% No-bypass filtration is that it makes the most sense to put the filters in the corner.  There are a lot of filters.  More filters, cleaner water, cleaner pumps, cleaner heater, cleaner plumbing, one less corner seat.

Anyway, back to ya'lls bickering..... ;D

Terminator

Good morning Term!

I dont call it bickering, I call it giving an education absolutely free of charge. ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 02:59:51 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

spaman--

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 03:05:06 pm »

Oh and 9k is too much! Call me! ;)

Not that I would have any interest in buying a Cal Spa or any other spa from that particular poster.

[/quote]

I am sure that other dealers would agree that there are some people in this world who you just simply do not want as customers. As the profits arent worth the headache that goes along with the B.S that the potential customer presents.
-SpaMan~

tileman

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2006, 03:14:12 pm »
Hey pathfinder, I'm new to all of this but I'm not stupid and I'm not a liar. I'm just telling you what I saw. I live in St. Louis, MO. Theres this place called Watson's that is a dealor here 4 cal and caldera. After almost buying 1 myself I was twisting the jet to full when it just came flying out. Believe it or not at the same time another one came out w/ no help. Either way, these jets twist off the same direction that you twist for more power which make them more vulnerable to come off when adjusting. As far as the noise, when comparing them side by side to the calderas it was atleast 3x as loud. Not sure about others???                                                                            
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 03:27:07 pm by tileman »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2006, 03:38:42 pm »
Several people in this thread need to take a minute, calm down, and count to ten before posting.   As a 20 year internet vet, I can tell you its easy to read anger, emotion, or bad intent into electronic communication.  Most of the time its unintentional.  Always re-read before posting in anger, and assume the best.

These are hot tubs, not life threatening issues.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 03:39:23 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2006, 03:38:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42