What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Vac question......  (Read 3165 times)

Jack_L

Spa Vac question......
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:13:24 pm »
Does anyone have any input on this vac?   (good/bad/ugly?)

Paradise Pool Pond Spa Hot Tub Jacuzzi Vac

Or recommendation on other spa vac's....

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Vac question......
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:13:24 pm »

Whiskeyjack

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Spa Vac question......
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 10:52:12 pm »
For the small amount of grit and sand that I have to remove from my tub, I've found that a $2.95 turkey baster from Safeway works just fine for me.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:51:51 pm »
I bought one and have been pleased with the results.  What I like most is you can extend the handle and clean even the deepest part of the tub without needing to get in it.  I do wish the canister itself was shorter and wider so it would do a little better job on the seats and other areas not real deep in the tub.

Jr

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 07:38:47 am »
I bought this one from Doc:

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/game-vacuum.htm

Before they added the skimmer net. It works well and like Garyjr said it gets to the floor without you going into the tub. If you don't have a skimmer - it's great for floating debris and scooping out foam.

When I shock the tub I leave the cover open a while and at this time of year I come back to a bunch of leaves.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 08:59:53 am »
Vinny's looks to have alot more attachments than what comes with the Spa Vac.  Vinny, does it work under the same principle where you cover the hole and then release it to start the suction?

I have seen a battery powered version of the Spa Vac for about twice the price as the manual one.  Can't recall now where I saw it though.

Jr

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 10:17:54 am »
I bought one and have been pleased with the results.  What I like most is you can extend the handle and clean even the deepest part of the tub without needing to get in it.  I do wish the canister itself was shorter and wider so it would do a little better job on the seats and other areas not real deep in the tub.

I have one as well, and I agree with Garyjr on this one.  I am as thrifty as Vinny thus had thought of using a turkey baster instead, but then realized that I may not be as pleased with that choice in the winter!  I like it--the kids fight over who gets to use it next.  
2005 HS Vanguard

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 10:26:43 am »
The GAME vac works by moving the plunger in the handle up and down. It creates more suction than the Paradise vac. You also don't have to remove it from the water to "reactivate" it. The battery operated vac,..........Well? It's a nice idea, but doesn't create as much suction.

Vinny's looks to have alot more attachments than what comes with the Spa Vac.  Vinny, does it work under the same principle where you cover the hole and then release it to start the suction?

I have seen a battery powered version of the Spa Vac for about twice the price as the manual one.  Can't recall now where I saw it though.

Jr
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 12:57:57 pm »
I like the DirtGitter vac.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 12:57:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42