What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Purchasing wet floor model..advice?  (Read 3501 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Purchasing wet floor model..advice?
« on: September 16, 2006, 03:15:55 pm »
FINALLY ready to pull the trigger.  My wife wants to kill me for taking so long but it looks like it will be worth it.  Looking at a Caldera dealer that has a couple of floor models for sale:  Geneva and Moorea.  I was going to get the Niagara but the prices he is offering on these two are almost can't pass up!  $7599 and $6534 all-in for everything respectively and I am leaning for the more expensive Geneva.  Also no sales tax since out of state dealer!!!!

Both are 2006 wet models and the dealer told me that the warranty would not start until they are delivered.  True?  

What other things should I look for when buying a wet floor model?  I am assuming they clean the tub thoroughly once drained but besides new filters anything else to ask for or look for?  Starter chems, cover lifter and steps are included.

Dealers....knowing what you know about the number of people that wet test spas...would you purchase a floor model?

Thanks,

Marc
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:18:31 pm by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

Purchasing wet floor model..advice?
« on: September 16, 2006, 03:15:55 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Purchasing wet floor model..advice?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:35:19 pm »
If you like it - BUY IT.

It works, get the warranty start date in writing and check it over for any blemishes although if it's wet, there probably aren't any.

As far as scubbing, get a bottle of swirl away, put it in and your all clean!

badval

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 04:11:05 pm »
I bought the one I wet tested & they delivered it w/ a new filter.  Was worth it to me saving several hundred $$$ for the floor model.  That allowed me to get a bigger tub w/ more gee-whiz gadgets & still stay in budget.

They didn't do much as far as cleaning it up before delivery.  Drained it & changed the filter pretty much.  I had a little sand & grit in the bottom & water spots all over the top.  No big deal - took maybe 20 min to spray it, wipe it down, & get the little bit of grit from the bottom.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd shop specifically for a floor model w/ a big discount if i could find one in the model w/ color & features I wanted.  I would tell them to clean it thoroughly before delivery - just didn't think about that at the time (kinda assumed they would).  

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 07:25:58 pm »
I WILL ask them to clean it thoroughly before delivering and I am going to wet test it myself on Monday morning (the store is closed tomorow).  

The discount is substantial...$1000 off and they are throwing in free steps and a basic coverlifter.  I am upgrading to the Coverlift III for $100 and delivery and start up chems are also free.  

As long as the tub appears in good shape Monday and tests well...its all mine!!!  

badval

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 08:24:07 pm »
Good for you!  Hope you really like it  8-)

landscaper

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 09:25:02 pm »
Nothing wrong with buying a floor model. Warranty starts on day of delivery. We offer a discount if the unit is wet, not if it is dry. Just a little incentive to move the spa. They are a good buy for the consumer. We watch the water close in our floor models for proper chemistry. We  also sell Caldera Spas. They should put in new filter and clean the spa before delivery.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 09:28:31 pm by landscaper »

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 12:04:04 am »
As long as you have your invoice or contract showing your delivery date, your warranty will start on delivery date.  Watkins does not start the warranty on floor models because they want the dealers to be able to sell them with full warranty.  That is a great deal on a Geneva.  Considering you get the ozone included, stainless on the jets, the extra lights on the exterior and the color changing light, I'd go for the Geneva, too.

Good luck with the purchase.  I'm sure you'll love it.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

anne

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 12:08:36 am »
I'm the happy owner of a wet floor model, and I'd second everything that Badval said. Great way to save money- no regrets in the slightest.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 12:08:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42