What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beautiful nght for a soak ...  (Read 4821 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Beautiful nght for a soak ...
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:41:29 pm »
Here in NJ, it's 54º!

I had to finish closing up the pool by cleaning the filter and after using a hose, getting wet in 60ish temps and getting a little chilled I pumped up the heat in the tub to 101. I got in tonight and the tub read 102 and it was GREAT!!!

Forget about the chill now... Nights like this make me happy I bought a tub.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 10:41:55 pm by Vinny »

Hot Tub Forum

Beautiful nght for a soak ...
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:41:29 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Beautiful nght for a soak ...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 10:55:00 pm »
I have not been posting for the past little bit.  Tonight I jumped in the tub and just fell back in love with my tub.  It made me open this forum and feel the need to chit chat, and bam, Vinny posted what I was feeling.  Good to see that you are still around Vinny.

Are you up for any expierements this winter???? LOL, I cant believe that I shut my heater off in the name of science!!!!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:03:14 pm »
just fed the new baby, put him to sleep. I should jump in, but I'm afraid I'll pass out in the tub. Tomorrow's another day.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:51:42 am »
Vinny, Did jumping in the tub help you with closing the pool? I closed mine yesterday and it depresses me so much. Not to mention it is a pain when you do it by yourself!. ...I intended to hop in last night, it was a perfect way to get over the "closed the pool blues", but by the time I collected my kids, it was just too late. I will definately be going in tonight....love these cool nights!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 04:21:53 pm »
It sure was, Vinny :)

It was my honey's birthday . . . we went in and just sat in the dark, quiet water, and talked while the moon came up. Pure heaven.

Plus, he is no longer a skeptic about the whole project - the magic words, "honey you were right"  ::)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 05:10:59 pm »
Bosco,

I'm glad to see your still around. I thought you went away for good.

The only experiment I'm trying is ozone - I want to keep my tub clearer longer. I'll see how it goes.

Boni,

I HATE summer. It's hot, it's humid and there's a ton of bugs (this phobia I blame on my mom - LOL). I always say I can always put more clothes on that I can take off and once I'm in shorts, t shirt and flip flops I'm about tapped out on how much more I can take off!

I also hate cold water so my pool days are few. By the time I get home the sun is not shining on the pool due to the trees and house so I don't get the hot sun/cool water effect. Now I did sometimes go in on a weekend afternoon and the sun beating down with hot temps does make it feel great.

The pool was my wife's idea for the kids as I wanted a hot tub from day one but she prevailed!!

I enjoy the other 3 seasons more.

imp etc,

My wife will say how the tub takes up too much room on the deck and how I should get rid of it. She doesn't enjoy either the pool or the tub. I wish my family would use it more and that I had some company out there. Luckily, my youngest will come out there sometimes and he thinks it's cool to be in the water during the winter.

I sometimes had the case of the guilts  :( last year as my wife helped my son with his homework and I was free to soak. Hopefully he will finish sooner this year! :)

We're both waiting for the perfect snowstorm to be tubbing while flakes fall ... I think Bonibelle is waiting for that also!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 05:35:30 pm »
Poor Vinny, You need to talk to my husband...he really really enjoys it all. He loves the pool and summer and his music (if I have to hear one more Jimmy Buffet song)...and no matter what I have to do, he enjoys himself with NO guilt what so ever...after all he works all day  >:( .

But the spa has been my salvation. I wanted it for health reasons, he loves it because he can be outside in the freezing cold and still enjoy himself (guilt free!) He says it will get him through the winter.
While I am a cool weather person, I hate the short days and especially the cool rainy ones! Plus I miss my kids when they head back to school  :'(

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
I'm happy to report that my hubby and I are on the same page with the hot tub!  WE LOVE IT!!!!!  

Now that the evenings are getting cooler, we're getting nervous about going out in the winter.  I keep saying that EVERYONE, without exception, has said that the winter in the hot tub is THE BEST!  Can't wait to see what all the buzz is about!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 05:51:09 pm »
My favorite season is Fall followed by Winter, Spring and Summer. This works out well for me since I live in North Dakota and summer is only about three months long.

Anyone catch that perfect full moon a few nights ago? I was in my spa and it looked like it was on top of my house when it first came up. Hmm come to think of it I was enjoying a Bombay martini that my hubby made for me. ;) :o

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 05:52:40 pm »
Last night my hubby went to bed early, and I went in the hot tub.  10:30 PM to after 11:00PM I was relaxing in my tub.  I love it.  It was cool, but the water was nice and warm.  I'm so glad we have it, at first I was sceptical about getting a tub, but now it is pure enjoyment, where I can sit back and relax.  Wouldn't give it up now!!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 07:01:07 pm »
Poor Vinny, You need to talk to my husband...he really really enjoys it all. He loves the pool and summer and his music (if I have to hear one more Jimmy Buffet song)...and no matter what I have to do, he enjoys himself with NO guilt what so ever...after all he works all day  >:( .

But the spa has been my salvation. I wanted it for health reasons, he loves it because he can be outside in the freezing cold and still enjoy himself (guilt free!) He says it will get him through the winter.
While I am a cool weather person, I hate the short days and especially the cool rainy ones! Plus I miss my kids when they head back to school  :'(

I'm a Catholic of Italian Heritage ... there's guilt!

When my wife was a stay at home mom (Boni, I believe you are one now ?), I had no problems NOT doing anything. I worked, came home, relaxed and lived in a townhome (now that was a GREAT life style) so there wasn't anything to do ...

My youngest has a slight learning disability (we're told he has a processing problem - he seems to not get his thoughts from his brain to the paper) and it takes forever for him to do his homework. She has always done the homework with the boys and she is more in tune to what they're learning so she gets to do it most of the time. It is an extremely funny scene when I try to explain any math or science problem to anyone in my family (remember I'm a tech and I have 3 years into an Electrical Engineering Degree) as I get blank stares of "what the heck are you saying". She works PT (actually more like 3/4) time and there's a ton of stuff to do between the house, homework and after school activities. I will admit other than bathroom cleaning - I'm awful at it ... my idea of clean and straighten up and hers are night and day.

Anyway with all that goes on, my enjoyment of the tub while she is busy is close to nil! The only other problem I find is that the tub revs me up and instead of putting me to sleep, I stay up for a couple of hours, so late night (10:00 PM) soaking is out for me.

In Canada eh

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 07:11:39 pm »

OH MY GOD is there guilt,  Vinny, I am the same, Northern Italian/Scotish and catholic.  I should be a depressed,raving alchoholic ;D

To you and Boni, you closed your pool already say it ain't so, I hate the thought of summer ending and we keep our pool open to the bitter end.  We were in it on October 1st last year, a new record
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 07:12:21 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 08:08:04 pm »
For me, I have 2+ story trees and they start dropping leaves about now. When the pool was new, I was going to get a solar cover to  extend the season.

I get a slight breeze in my yard and I actually get chilled when it's 85 out, the pool's in the shade and the breeze blows. To extend the season is out of the question since with hot tub water temps at 101, I hear how cold it is out!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 09:54:02 pm »
Canada, we used to wait until October to close our pool too. but, like Vinny, I have so many trees that if you wait, it is the battle of the leaves...and the leaves usually win! I just hate that darn dark cover over the pool. AND knowing that it will stay like that for months. I think I may invent designer covers for more appealing above ground pools!  What do you think?..maybe an underwater scene with some saltwater fish, or even Koi in a pond....a special edition with select herbs for Windsurfdog..

And my husand is also Italian...Catholic...but NOT GUILTY...maybe it was all those psycology courses in college!
He complains about all my "goofy" ideas, but generally he gets the most enjoyment out of them!  ;) and he never feels guilty ever..

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 12:12:58 pm »
Hehe this is a great thread . . .

Re heritage, try Italian Atheist + Swedish Lutheran + Lithuanian who knows what (probably Catholic). My parents gave up trying to reconcile all that and became Unitarian. I'm not guilty, just confused  ;)

I drool at the thought of tubbing in the snow. We never get any here, just months of soaking rain, but that will be nice too - hearing the drops on the gazebo roof, and being WARM in the creeping cold damp will be sweet beyond sweet.

Re battle of the leaves, those of you who haven't experienced it have no idea how much "output" redwoods create. There's one of those looming over our tub, plus a big Cedar that drops teeny tiny needles everywhere. Plus a eucalyptus - a great big mess-maker of a tree. It's all worth it to look out from the tub and see our relatively wild property in the moonlight - magic!

Can't wait for night-time now! As it is, I'm off to work.

Slainte,
imp

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 12:12:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42