What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbies: A good example of water turning bad.  (Read 6017 times)

spa-ing

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Newbies: A good example of water turning bad.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 02:35:03 pm »
I add all the chemicals weekly at the same time. The water is never brown or bubbly.

I use bromine shock, a stain and scale product and a water clarifier. Never had cloudy, brown smelly or otherwise.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 02:35:03 pm »

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 03:52:32 pm »
If you listen to the sales people at all the stores I have visited.....it takes a little scoop of something onve a week, and a refill every three months......I feel like I am getting into more then I thought :'( :'(

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 08:01:54 pm »
pg_rider,

A drain and refill may be in order. I'll see how it goes, tonight it was still cloudy and I put a little more clarifier into the tub. I may end up dumping and refilling.

Boni,

It very well could be ... us Italians love dunking bread into olive oil [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. I grew up dunking bread in olive oil and gravy (for all those non-Italians it'll be an expalnation if needed - it ain't brown gravy!)

windsurfdog,

It also applies to us not so newbies, had I used 2 teaspoons this might not have happened. No guarentee but it might have been avoided.

I wrote this because I read too many people saying stuff about not using dichlor regularly or want to use very little ... my crystal clear tub went bad very quickly with minimal use while using dichlor and ozone. I won't comment what would have happened if I didn't use dichlor! ::) 8-)

lskarp,

My dealer was right on the money with that. I keep my diverter valves with water going through them all the time. My tub has enough power IMO to handle all the jets working to some degree. I also have neck jets like windsurfdog and even "closed" water comes out of them as well. I think people forget that water will go bad without circulation.

hottbpete,

Just listen to what salespeople have to say and come to your own conclusion. I use baking soda, calcium increaser, dichlor and MPS only. Once in a while I use PH down when I goof on the baking soda. BUT and it a big BUT my water comes out of the tap with low calcium, low alkalinity and a PH of 6.8 ... great water for adjusting up.

I do not use my dealer's recommended treatment. That consisted of N2 and only using enhanced shock once a week with "regular" use. Although she insisted that all her customers have great success, I would almost guarantee that I whould have this problem all the time. The nice thing about a forum such as this is you can sort out the good from the bad.

Yes, you need to monitor the tub - I add dichlor every other day. I check PH once or twice a week dependng what 's happening with the tub. If need be it gets a scoop or two of something. Every so often you need to drain and refill, you might get 3 or 4 months or you may get 1 or 2 - it all depends.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:05:23 pm by Vinny »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 10:22:50 pm »
I think it's a simple case of Aglio Et Olio .....You really shouldn't be eating in the tub, Vinny, it raises your TDS! ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 12:39:35 pm »
I think it's a simple case of Aglio Et Olio .....You really shouldn't be eating in the tub, Vinny, it raises your TDS! ;D ;D

I prefer a' leache! But with brocolli or pignoli nuts .... mmmmmmm!

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 12:55:30 pm »

I prefer a' leache! But with brocolli or pignoli nuts .... mmmmmmm!

You two are making me nostalgic for my dad's special gnocchi recipe . . .

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 12:55:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42