What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What would you change in your Vanguard to make it  (Read 3334 times)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
What would you change in your Vanguard to make it
« on: September 08, 2006, 05:38:08 pm »
..........even better?

I'll start.

1. I would spread out the two calf jets in the floor area of the two Moto massage chairs. That way I would not have to sit with my feet together in order to get a calf massage.

2. I would place two JetStream jets in the floor area under the filter compartment so that I could massage my feet from the Dual Moto massage seat.

3. I would place two more JetStream jets (one beside each of the existing ones) in the floor area under the SOOTHING SEVEN seat and the Rotary Hydromassage Jets, in order to massage both feet at once.

Other then that it is a perfect tub for me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:39:26 pm by cooltoy2000 »

Hot Tub Forum

What would you change in your Vanguard to make it
« on: September 08, 2006, 05:38:08 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: What would you change in your Vanguard to make
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 05:43:32 pm »
Fiberglassed backed shell ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry just having a little fun.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 05:50:58 pm »
You would have to put in 2 more jet pumps to add 4 jetstream jets, that would be a pretty expensive add on.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 06:27:48 pm »
cooltoy, I love it!

My calves are average for a girl and I even wish the calf jets were a bit further apart.  I'd like another set perhaps 3" or so below them as well. ( I am a runner)

I agree with the jet below the filter basket--I'd settle for one.

I do wish that they had some ridge thingy in the bottom as they do with those spas that have footwell jets.  I just want the ridge, so I can keep myself in the seats better when I blast the jets.

Finally it's cooling down here in the Twin Cities, and I have been in morning and night at 101 for 15 minutes each time.  I am very much looking forward to reaping the benefits of my fabulous hydrotherapy machine!! 8-)  I got my tub in July and I don't know if I have ever had it above 100 before this week!

Hey, have you tried any of the new spinner jets?  They have been mentioned on the forum before but I haven't decided if I want to try replacing anything original yet.
2005 HS Vanguard

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:17:40 pm »
You would have to put in 2 more jet pumps to add 4 jetstream jets, that would be a pretty expensive add on.

Good point.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 11:21:43 pm »
Hey, have you tried any of the new spinner jets?  They have been mentioned on the forum before but I haven't decided if I want to try replacing anything original yet.

I thought about them. I would consider changing four bottom ones in the seat that has the ten JET-CLUSTER jets. But I am not sure where to get these jets, they are not listed on the HS website.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:22:13 pm by cooltoy2000 »

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 12:05:15 am »
I have felt the spinners in place of the precision and it feels great!!  I don't know if you can do it on earlier than '06 spas or not.  The spinner actually cuts down some of the pressure.  The precisions can sting after a little while.

My change is an aesthetic one.  I wish it had the same waterfall as the Vista and Envoy.  I know it doesn't have anything to do with the function or therapy of the spa, but it would look better than the stream water fall.  Just my 2 pennies worth.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 08:23:59 am »
You know, I bet you could add a second diverter valve and at least put in a couple more Jetstream jets, or some of the Mid-sized jets without more pumps.

Hmm.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 08:59:50 am »
Sorry, but I wouldn't change a thing to make it better!  Sure, I have an older tub and I don't have the dual moto, which seems pretty cool, but I am still in love with my tub!!!!!

But then, most of the regulars around here know how I feel about my Vanguard!!!!  It's the best!!!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 09:09:56 am »
I would love more jets that were foot and calf focussed.  And moving the calf jets apart a bit is a great idea.

I also think that the water feature light needs to be able to be dimmed either along with the main tub lights or on its own.  When I sit in the moto-massage seat, it beams me right in the eye....

I hadn't heard about new repalcement jets....  where can we get them?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 09:19:23 am »
Sorry, but I wouldn't change a thing to make it better!  Sure, I have an older tub and I don't have the dual moto, which seems pretty cool, but I am still in love with my tub!!!!!

But then, most of the regulars around here know how I feel about my Vanguard!!!!  It's the best!!!!!!

This is the attitude that I like! Maybe little changes but when you start adding stuff - YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A DIFFERENT TUB!!

Before you guys start blasting me - I like my tub BUT I would NEVER buy another tub with neck collar seats ... that's why I don't love my tub. And that's the only thing I would change and I would not buy my tub again for that reason! I use the neck collar seat maybe once a month but luckily the tub is big enough that I don't have to use it!

And I would also wet test next time ... it ceratinly is different wet than dry.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 10:59:02 am »
Don't get me wrong. I love my tub too.

I choose Vanguard, because I felt it had the best combination of features available along with a quality manufacturer, but by no means did it have everything in one package. Nothing does. As you get to know your hot tub, you get to know what would be nice to have. By no means is it a reflection of any disappointment or regret. I have none. I WOULD NOT WANT TO BUY A DIFFERENT TUB.

But there is no limit to better, even the best things can be slightly improved. And my questions is just hypothetical, thrown out there for discussion.

BIGPOPPA

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 06:29:39 pm »
CHAAAAANGE the water trickle......i mean water feature ;D ;D ;D

In Canada eh

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 09:57:19 am »
This is the attitude that I like! Maybe little changes but when you start adding stuff - YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A DIFFERENT TUB!

Hmmm.

Lets see here, a bunch of HS owners that want to move?change thier jets around.

YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A BULLFROG ;D

Sorry just having a little fun, you all knew I was going too ;)
Bullfrog 451

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 10:57:51 am »
I had no idea.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 10:57:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42