What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: DID I PAY TOO MUCH  (Read 2951 times)

hottubbuyer

DID I PAY TOO MUCH
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:57:58 pm »
WE BOUGHT A HOT SPRINGS VANGAURD HOT TUB IN THE LAST YEAR.  ITS THE ONE WITH 2 PUMPS.  WE ENDED UP PAYING ABOUT 9K FOR IT AND 600 FOR DELIVERY.  WAS THIS TOO MUCH TO PAY FOR THIS HOT TUB OR JUST ABOUT RIGHT.  THANKS

Hot Tub Forum

DID I PAY TOO MUCH
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:57:58 pm »

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
Re: DID I PAY TOO MUCH
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:10:56 pm »
Hello Hottubbuyer. What you paid for your spa is beside the point now, isn't it? I am positive the dealer wont give you back any money. I am wondering where you live to have a $600 delivery fee? It must be somewhere far from the dealer. Regardless, what does matter is - are you happy with it? Does it melt away your stress? Does it make you feel good? I'm sure it's a terriffic spa and worth every penny.  :D Enjoy!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:21:38 pm »
Sounds like you live in Vermont.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

hottubbuyer

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:05 pm »
I DON'T WANT TO GET MONEY BACK.  I WAS JUST CURIOUS, I WAS TOLD I SHOULD HAVE PAID AROUND 8500, SO THE NEXT TIME I GO HOT TUB SHOPPING, I'LL BE MORE PREPARED. THANKS

Spiderman

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:53:51 pm »
SO THE NEXT TIME I GO HOT TUB SHOPPING, I'LL BE MORE PREPARED. THANKS

Which should be in about 10 years  ;D     You should be good to go for a long time with your Vanguard.  I was quoted $8600 a couple months ago for the Vanguard, which included delivery, but as already stated, you're beyond the point of wondering if you paid a good price.  Just enjoy the tub, it's suppose to release stress, not create it.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 05:42:39 pm »
We paid about 9800 for a Grandee about a month ago, so the price you paid doesn't sound too far from the mark (at least for the suburbs of Washington DC).  I have talked with some people who paid more, and some who paid less.  I think the real key is if you are satisified with the tub.  After you add on all the variables for installation, steps, cover, lifter, electrical, and the rest I think you will find that a few percent difference in the tub is not a big deal, especially given that the HS should last for years.  We found more difference in the quotes for electrical hookup than anything else.  

Bill

BIGPOPPA

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 05:54:12 pm »
Hey Hottubuyer

good to see you on board.........im sure you remember me.....and like i said you have a great hottub that will last a long time....

BigPoppa

Jack_L

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 11:37:39 am »
Our Vanguard we paid around $8,900 (March-06) and we got them to throw in footsteps and the upgraded top (one with the locking mechanism).  Delivery was included (we live 25 miles from dealer) and also one free move should we decided to move from our home in the first 2 years.    Its hard to compare prices with others unless you live in the same general area.  Hope all is well with your Vanguard.  So far ours has been working very well for us.  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:38:33 am by Jack_L »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 11:37:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42