What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leisure Bay n00B question  (Read 10042 times)

badval

Re: Leisure Bay n00B question
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 08:20:37 pm »
I'm in NC.  Only been here a year, & have no idea about their consumer law.

It's being delivered tomorrow afternoon.  Don't have the electrician set up yet - still waiting for estimates to come in.  Will give you a report on how installation goes & how it works once its in operation.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 08:20:37 pm »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 12:16:37 am »
Good Luck.

bwbski22

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 11:25:27 am »
well being that you didnt put much effort into your spa purchase, just deal with the free chems and it will be great.  best of luck.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 04:24:16 pm »
By the way
My old leisure bay ist still  going strong

badval

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 12:56:12 am »
That's good to hear Frank.

It was delivered on Sat, but I'm still waiting on electrician.  

Do i fill it prior to the electrician coming out?  I'd assume I do since we should test it when he's done to make sure its right & can't do that w/o water in it.  How long does it take to fill a 500 gal tub w/ a garden hose?  I'm guessing I should do it the day he is coming out so the water doesn't sit in it uncirculating for a few days right?

Delivery company they contracted did a good job.  They were here when they said they'd be & were very careful.  Answered all my questions & gave me some pointers on routine maintenance.

Neil

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 01:18:04 am »
Might take a little over an hour (70 min). That guess is based off of a table in an Orbit underground sprinkler system layout guide. I assumed outside faucets were using 1/2" supply piping and supply pressure around 50 - 55 psi. (6.5 - 7.0 GPM)

500 gal / 7 GPM = 71 minutes

If you know the GPM from your faucet insert that into the above formula and it'll give you a pretty close idea on how long it'll take.   ;)
Neil

badval

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 10:03:23 pm »
Electrician came today.  2 guys got here at 8:30 & worked until about 4:00.  Took a lot longer than I thought it would, but they said it was an "easy job" when they were done & everything went smoothly.  They ran the 220v line from my panel in the garage to the ouside, about 25 ft to the rear corner of house, 90o bend & 4" up onto concrete patio, then 20 ft to GFCI box, then about 20 more feet (15ft + 5 ft w/ another 90o turn) into the back corner of tub.  They used metal conduit up to the tub & vinyl conduit inside the tub.  Looks great - for a metal pipe running alongside the bottom of my house & patio :)

The quote was $750 & actual cost was $750.  I'm not used to contractors around here being dead-on w/ their quotes.  Asked 2 others for quotes.  One never showed & the other was a tiny bit higher & was going to use vinyl conduit for the entire installation & couldn't do the work for another week.

Tub came on & worked like it should.  The water temp was 82owhen the tub initially powered up & it took about 3.5 - 4 hrs to get to 102o.  That was with only the recirculating pump running.  I played with the all the controls & stuff while it was heating for about 1/2 hr, but most of the time they were off.  The cover was off for the first hour or so too also.

No leaks or anything.  All the controls & jets work like they should.  Panels were easy to take off but a little of a challenge to get back on, but not too hard.

So far, so good.  I decided to go with dichlor for sanitization after reading the Vermonter method & seeing how many people like it.  Anyone want to buy a Baqua starter kit real cheap?  8-)  Bought Leisure Time brand chemicals as they seem to be the most prominent brand.  Is Spa56 the "best" dichlor or are there alternate brands worth looking into?

Will take a picture or two sometime this weekend & start a new thread with a summary of my experience so far.  There is very little info about Leisure Bay spas out there, so maybe it will help someone else.  Thanks to everyone who answered all my n00b questions!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 10:03:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42