What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1997 Sundance Optima - What Should I consider?  (Read 3210 times)

Utah

1997 Sundance Optima - What Should I consider?
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:21:54 pm »
Would you have concerns buying a 10 year old hot tub from the original owner?  She has receipts for everything and obviously took good care of it.  Wood skirt seems in good condition as well.

Kudos to Sundance.  In 10 years, all she has had to do is to replace each of the pumps one time.  Other than that it has run like a champ.

My question is....how long does a tub like this last.  Can I expect another 10 years of relatively maintenance free operation or do these tubs start to age and get leaks/cracks.

Thanks

Doug

Hot Tub Forum

1997 Sundance Optima - What Should I consider?
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:21:54 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: 1997 Sundance Optima - What Should I consider?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:44:42 pm »
How much does she want for it?  I would buy it for say $500.  Don't think I'd spend much more on it than that.  My guess is you could get 5+ years out of it.

Just for comparison purposes... my brother bought a used 2005 Jacuzzi 345 for $2800 on Sunday (asking price was $3500).  It is in perfect condition and he couldn't be happier.  Took him months to find, but he got a steal on it.  His local dealer is still selling 05 for over 7k new still.

hymbaw

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 05:23:34 pm »
 I would buy it for say $500.  Don't think I'd spend much more on it than that.

What are you basing this on?
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 07:58:03 pm »
 I would buy it for say $500.  Don't think I'd spend much more on it than that.

What are you basing this on?

Nothing but personal opinion.  As I said, that is what I would spend on a tub that old.  When I was buying a used tub I searched for months and months and got a good idea of what the used market was in my area.  IMO a tub that old wasn't worth much more than $500, in fact many of them were going for free.  I'm not saying it isn't worth more than that, I'm saying that is what I would pay for it.  Now if it was at a dealer, came with a limited warranty, brand new cover, and everything else that most dealers include I would have to evaluate that into the price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 07:58:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42