What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bubbles/Foam  (Read 2709 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Bubbles/Foam
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:37 pm »
We have our HS Prodigy up and running.  Thanks for the positive feedback as to the choice we made.  We love it.  So far no problems, but I was wondering why we have so many bubbles / foam when we are using the spa.  I would imagine it's because of the jets, but I'm not sure.  Could it be I need to add some sort of chemicals other than the usual ones?  I have used the ones my dealer said to use.  The test strip tested fine today.  Maybe I'm making too much out of nothing, but since this is our first spa, I don't want to do anything wrong.  

Thanks for any info.

Angie

Hot Tub Forum

Bubbles/Foam
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:37 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Bubbles/Foam
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 08:00:51 am »
Angie, forgive me if you already know this, but did you rinse your suits (assuming you are wearing suits) before you wear them in the tub?  Soap residual can cause lots of foam and bubbles... :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 08:49:28 am »
It certainly could be residual soap in those swim suits.  Go easy with the laundry detergent when you wash them and consider running them through the rinse cycle a couple times.

I've learned to live with a little foam.  If it gets really bad, I 'll scoop it out using my pool's skimmer net.

I try to avoid those "foam gone" chemicals.  Seems they cloud the water.

I've also learned that cleaning the filters and shocking the water is a pretty good cure for most hot tub water problems (so is draining and changing the water).  

Pardon me, but is this your first tub of water?  Have you implemented the "30 day newbie rule?"
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 11:31:49 am »
Thanks for the info.  I didn't think of rinsing the suits.  So much to learn!  Yes, this is my first tub of water.  Do you suggest refilling it after 30 days?  Is that the "30 day newbie rule"?Thanks again.

Angie

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 01:45:48 pm »
Yup.  Change your first tub of water after the first month.  I think the main reason is that newbies have a tendency to pour way too many chemicals in their water when they first get started.  
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:32:03 pm »
Yes I will do that.  Thanks a bunch.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:32:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42