What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Raising your voice to be heard  (Read 3189 times)

tubbyB

• tub newbie
Raising your voice to be heard
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:36:23 am »
My dealer tells me the noise made in the air or diverter valve (I'm not sure which it is) next to one particular seat on my '06 Optima is normal. The seat has about a dozen small jets and the large whirlpool jet on the side and I do not recall it being so loud when testing the tub at the dealers.

It makes a high pitched whooshing noise, not quite a whistle and  it can be managed by turning the corresponding air diverter off, but is hard to hear other talking in the tub when in that seat.

What are others noise experiences? Is it normal to have a fiar bit of noise so that you have to raise your voice a little to be heard in the tub?

regards :)

'06 Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Raising your voice to be heard
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:36:23 am »

spa_dr.

• hmmmm,  hot tubs , DOH!
Re: Raising your voice to be heard
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:47:11 am »
Its been my experience that there is an o-ring not propperly seated either on the square spindle of the diverter or around the top of an air venturi

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 03:46:33 pm »
I would suggest going by your dealers to compare and be sure yours is loud and if so than ask your dealer to replace it , it is a warranty item and as the spa DR mentions most likely a faulty o-ring.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:49:07 pm »
I would suggest going by your dealers to compare and be sure yours is loud and if so than ask your dealer to replace it , it is a warranty item and as the spa DR mentions most likely a faulty o-ring.

+1
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

tubbyB

• tub newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 08:02:32 pm »
Thanks everyone I will pursue the faulty O ring.

regards
'06 Optima

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 11:13:29 pm »
I agree with Mendo. Swing by the dealer and compare one in their showroom. It happens to us occasionally, no big deal, we go out and fix it.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Razzman

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 01:21:30 am »
My dealer tells me the noise made in the air or diverter valve (I'm not sure which it is) next to one particular seat on my '06 Optima is normal. The seat has about a dozen small jets and the large whirlpool jet on the side and I do not recall it being so loud when testing the tub at the dealers.

It makes a high pitched whooshing noise, not quite a whistle and  it can be managed by turning the corresponding air diverter off, but is hard to hear other talking in the tub when in that seat.

What are others noise experiences? Is it normal to have a fiar bit of noise so that you have to raise your voice a little to be heard in the tub?

regards :)

My Majesta does the exact same thing, was told it's normal with the Sundance. Don't know if it's BS or not but the service guy said it's the water going through the diverter hitting the bottom of the valve/cap/lever assy. ? Who knows, I've got used to it.

spa_dr.

• hmmmm,  hot tubs , DOH!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 10:08:06 am »
Getting used to it doesn't make it right, I'm 33 years old and as soon as I get used the goverment influence on the American family I well find myself hiding in a root cellar to pray, or under fire bc I wont give up my guns. You shouldn't have to get used to anything that isn't right.

Razzman

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 08:05:12 pm »
Getting used to it doesn't make it right, I'm 33 years old and as soon as I get used the goverment influence on the American family I well find myself hiding in a root cellar to pray, or under fire bc I wont give up my guns. You shouldn't have to get used to anything that isn't right.

Not meaning to raise anyone's hackles here but that's a bit extreme isn't it? Afterall it's only a diverter and a tad bit of noise we're talking about here, not a freakin invasion.  :-?

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 10:59:48 am »
One thing leads to another - inch by inch  ;)

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 05:30:58 pm »
I talked to my dealer about the same thing.  Here is what I was told.  Air can be trapped in the diverter.  The way to take care of the problem is with the spa running carefully and slowly unscrew the diverter and let the air out.  You wont take it completely off for obvious reasons but just enough so that the air escapes.  Once it has...tighten the diverter back and your done.  Hope this helps.

OKC

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 05:51:24 pm »

Thinking like that is why all the jobs will be gone and America will no longer be the powerhouse that it was yesterday.

Rayman
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 05:51:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42