What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wireless Headphones  (Read 4264 times)

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Wireless Headphones
« on: September 03, 2006, 05:33:35 pm »
Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to listen to some music while I soak. I'd like to stream something from my AV Receiver, or PC.

Ultimately I'd like Wireless Waterproof Headphones, but I couldn't find any.

Anyone using wireless headphones while soaking?

Hot Tub Forum

Wireless Headphones
« on: September 03, 2006, 05:33:35 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Wireless Headphones
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:06:40 pm »
Although I don't have wireless headphones I do sometimes use my MP3 player with headphones. My MP3 player has a radio built in so if you were to get a FM transmitter, maybe it'll work for you.

Like most wireless devices for music I have heard that the headphones along with the FM transmitter can be hit or miss. I also think the headphones are fairly large and possibly heavy.

My setup is a Sandisk MP3 player and Sony water resistant headphones. I place the MP3 player in a zip lock bag and the headphones have a 5 to 6' cable. I don't use them too often and definately don't use them when anyone else goes in the tub, I don't want to get the player dropped into the water.

As far as transmitters, they come in battery operated, USB and plug into the wall. I have looked into them but have decided that at this time I don't think the quality is there just yet. I don't know anyone who actually has one though.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:11:20 am »
I think I'd go with something inexpensive.

If you want headphones, you might could
1. hook a normal FM transmitter to your PC or home stereo
2. put a portable radio outside
3. hook your headphones to the portable radio outside

I like Vinny's idea:  MP3 player or CD player wrapped in a  zip-top bag with water-resistant headphones.

Local BigLots has cheap headphones for $1 a pair (not waterproof, but who cares so long as they keep working).

Also, consider running a pair of outdoor speakers from your home stereo out near the tub.  This isn't all too difficult.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:12:06 am »
Try this link from CNET.  There are a couple of Logitech wireless headphones on them.  I have not tried them but they may work for you.

Let us know what you eventually use and if it works well.

Marc

http://cnet.search.com/search?chkpt=astg.cnet.fd.search.cnet&q=wireless+headphones&tag=srch

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:33:04 am »
I think I'd go with something inexpensive.

I like Vinny's idea:  MP3 player or CD player wrapped in a  zip-top bag with water-resistant headphones.

Local BigLots has cheap headphones for $1 a pair (not waterproof, but who cares so long as they keep working).

Also, consider running a pair of outdoor speakers from your home stereo out near the tub.  This isn't all too difficult.

Since I don't go mainstream and don't buy what others do there's not much more for me to do but if you have an Apple product, Doc listed a couple of links that sell waterproof cases for IPODS.

I picked up the MP3 player for my son, it plays WMA files which doubles the amount of music (apparently they all do except Apple - didn't know that) and holds about 400 songs (512 MB). I liked it so much that I picked one up for my other son and myself and a couple months later a similar one for my wife. The radio portion is good but most of the stations I listen to seem to come in OK (missing one station).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:33:39 am by Vinny »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:33:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42