What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Niagra vs. Maxxus/Optima Vs. Piper Glen vs Vista  (Read 2050 times)

srb162

Niagra vs. Maxxus/Optima Vs. Piper Glen vs Vista
« on: September 02, 2006, 06:28:29 pm »
Thanks for your help. My husband -6'3"230lbs, myself 5'7"125lbs and three daughters are planning to buy a hot tub soon. These models seems to be the ones that most people feel positive about. I know we are supposed to wet test and will probably do so, but would like your opinions among these.

Hot Tub Forum

Niagra vs. Maxxus/Optima Vs. Piper Glen vs Vista
« on: September 02, 2006, 06:28:29 pm »

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
Re: Niagra vs. Maxxus/Optima Vs. Piper Glen vs Vis
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:43:37 pm »
The Vista is more comparable to the Caldera Geneva, not the Niagra. The Geneva and the Niagra are basically the same, but one has a lounger and one doesn't.

One of the first things you need to do is decide whether or not you want a lounger, the best way to do that is to sit in them dry, and then wet test if you have to.

All of the spas you mentioned are good, go see your local dealer, see who treats you well, and who has a good reputation in the area, sit in them dry, see how the jet placement is for you body and then narrow it down and wet test.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 10:56:55 pm »
We bought a Maxxus about a month ago and absolutely love it.  Have had a few problems with it mechanically, but the dealer has been phenomenal and provided us next day service each time.
The Maxxus is roomy, very powerful jets, but extremely therapeutic.
Like sandiego pointed out, decide what you like and wet test.  When you find the tub that's for you there will be no question in your mind.  I assure you that if you wet test enough, one of them will stand out above all the rest.

Good luck,
Jr

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:24:52 pm »
Out of those spas, I only know the Sundances really well, since I sell them. If you have 5 people, the Maxxus will fit up to 6, but only has 4 jetted seats. The Optima is smaller, but has more jetted seats and can sit up to 7 because of the lay out. If you like the lounge, the Cameo is pretty comfotable and has the same lounge that the Maxxus has, but it's not as big. We have the Marin, and I'm 5'6", and my sweetie is 6'3" and we love it. It's definitely not big enough for 5 people though, unless you plan on all the water spilling out.  :) I'm glad you're posting questions, I think this is a terriffic forum for potential spa buyers. You get great info and opinions from dealers and spa owners for a lot of brands. I see you plan on wet testing, great! I hope all the spas you like are full of water and you can try em out, that's a lot of fun. Good luck with your spa quest.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:24:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42