What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Clarifiers  (Read 1931 times)

In Canada eh

Water Clarifiers
« on: September 03, 2006, 01:33:11 pm »

I took some of you alls advise and bought a clarifier.  I am very impressed with the result the water is crystal clear after 24 hour. :)

Now hears my question,  what affect does a clarifier(Beachcomber Pure Blue) have on the water other than the obvious.  By that I mean will it affect stuff like CYA and TDS and shorten the usable life of the water.
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

Water Clarifiers
« on: September 03, 2006, 01:33:11 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Water Clarifiers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:40:25 pm »
Everything will affect the water. Adding stuff to the water will raise TDS. But if you added an ounce then it didn't add too much to your TDS ... of course if you added a bottle then ...

My experience is that a clarifier (and anything other than baking soda and dichlor) can foam and now that your tub is clear - wash the filter! What I have found from being lazy in the past is that in a few days the filters will release the stuff and cloud (and foam) the tub up again.

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 05:01:44 pm »
Thanks for the info Vinny,

Thats about what I figured and I just finished rinsing the filter out and then came in and read your post.  I am not to worried about the TDS due to the low amount added(30 ml)

Stuff really does work though
Bullfrog 451

Reese

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:47:17 pm »
By that I mean will it affect stuff like CYA and TDS and shorten the usable life of the water.
It should have no effect on CYA -- that is a by-product of adding dichlor.  In theory, judicious use of a clarifier should help extend water life by gathering fine particles into clumps that the filter can remove.  I find that my water tends to foam immediately after a clarifier application, but clear as the filters do their job.  As Vinny stated, and you already appear to know, IMO the key with a clarifier is to filter for at least an hour after application, then rinse the filters to get rid of the stuff the clarifier helped capture.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:47:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42