What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ?? For SunDance dealers/owners.  (Read 2024 times)

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
?? For SunDance dealers/owners.
« on: August 31, 2006, 11:35:10 pm »
Does anyone know if the ozonator on a SunDance Maxxus cycles on and off?  We have had problems with ours since purchasing the tub.  First off the LCD panel was replaced because the ozonator icon would not come on at all.  Next they replaced our entire ozonator (replaced the stock unit with a JED 103 unit) because it stopped bubbling completely.  Just this past week they replaced the line and mazzie injector because they were apparently plugged.  Now I am noticing that we have bubbles all of the time (lots of bubbles in fact,) however, after about 12-18 hours of running (on the circ pump,) the ozonator icon is going off on the LCD control panel.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Jr

Hot Tub Forum

?? For SunDance dealers/owners.
« on: August 31, 2006, 11:35:10 pm »

ggwagner

Re: ?? For SunDance dealers/owners.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 07:48:17 am »
Ozonators run 24/7 when installed in Sundance 880 series.
We had one issue with ozonator line when check valve/nipple was installed backwards in the line. This caused water to get in the line and threw off readings to LCD.
Also, can you advise, what is your power supply to tub?

Glenn Wagner
Sundance Spas Orillia Ontario

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:54:12 am »
ggwagner,

I know my check valve is on correctly because it it bubbling.  The check valve flows just 1 direction so if it were installed backward, it would block the air flow all together.

My power supply is 60amp 220v.

Thanks,
Jr

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 08:35:22 am »

Do the Sundance ozonators shut down during therapy pump use?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 08:41:37 am »
A couple questions for you:

1) What temperature is the tub set for?

2) When the ozonator shuts off, what temperature is the tub?

3)  Press the "cycle" button 5 times and the display should read "CirC".  Press the "select" key and it should show the start time of the circulation pump.  Press "select" again and it should show the duration.  Make sure this is set for "24"

4)  "No bubbles" is not a sympton of a bad/dead ozonator.  It means that either (A) the line is clogged or (B) the circ pump is not running.  In the case of (B), either there is a problem with the circ pump or it is not supposed to be on.  If it IS supposed to be on and nothing is coming out of the ozone jet, then there should be a flashing "flo" error message.  

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 08:41:55 am »

Do the Sundance ozonators shut down during therapy pump use?

Yes.  The ozonator shuts down, but the circ pump continues to run.  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:42:41 am by SerjicalStrike »

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 09:13:49 am »
The bubbles shut off immediately once any of the jets and/or the air pump is activated. And resume immediately after they are shut off.

SerjicalStrike,
1. The temp is set at 100* and is in Standard mode.  It is pretty cool here so I know I am not getting into a Summer logic problem.
2. Temperature does not seem to impact when it shuts off.  The tub is set at 100* and the tub stays right on that mark.
3.  When I press "cycle" 5 times, it displays 12:00, so I hit Select and it shows 24:00.
4.  I am pretty sure it is not a clogged line or even a circ pump problem.  They just replaced the line and mazzie injector this past Tuesday because it was plugged up.  

Not sure if this helps, but the tub bubbles from the little ozone hole all of the time.  The problem is that my ozone icon on the LCD panel will come on approximately 2 minutes after the pumps are off, and will disappear somewhere between 2-12 hours later.  The bubbles keep coming even after the icon is gone.

Thanks,
Jr

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 09:21:39 am »
Does the ozone icon ever come back on?

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 09:39:50 am »
SerjicalStrike,

Usually it will come back on following our next soak.  However, I just soaked this morning, and following my sanitizing routine, I noticed it never came back on this time.

Thanks,
JR

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 09:39:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42