What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In Hot Water!  (Read 3363 times)

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
In Hot Water!
« on: August 30, 2006, 01:03:33 pm »
Hey all  8-)

I know I've been quiet since my initial questions . . . many thanks to all of you who were helpful in the process. Just wanted to let you all know, we're bubbling!

We went with the Jacuzzi J-220, wired for 230V, and after the first soak last night, bliss has been achieved. [smiley=bath.gif]

The process was somewhat gruelling, owing mostly to our site and the problems with getting our old broken tub out (having seen the bottom of the old Montego now, I know exactly where the biggest of 3 leaks was, and we would never have been able to find and fix it).

The dealer and delivery manager were so helpful - [smiley=engel017.gif] - I can't say enough good things about them, and I'm looking forward to great service in the future. It took 5 BIG guys to get even that small tub down our slope, and then they had to slide it under the old lip mounted gazebo that we had put up on blocks - a tricky operation to say the least!

So, this weekend, we'll build the new base for the gazebo, and meanwhile, we're soaking and smiling. All in less than three weeks!

Total cost, including spa, ozone, cover, chems, upgraded wiring, disposal of the old tub, delivery, and lumber for the gazebo - $6300. Value - priceless :)

Thanks for all your help!

Hot Tub Forum

In Hot Water!
« on: August 30, 2006, 01:03:33 pm »

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
Re: In Hot Water!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 01:29:33 pm »
Congrats, Hot water is the best place to be.

Rayman

Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 01:37:31 pm »
:) yeah it ALMOST makes up for watching the Red Sox get spanked by the A's last night . . .

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 02:55:58 pm »
very nice
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 03:06:30 pm »
:) yeah it ALMOST makes up for watching the Red Sox get spanked by the A's last night . . .

Congrats.

Does it make up for them not making the playoffs? :o
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 03:06:49 pm by cooltoy2000 »

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 06:52:47 pm »
grrrr . . .

That's a tough one. Given that I'm a long-distance fan these days the answer is probably "just about."

I'm just glad Gramma didn't live to see this season - she checked out last winter at 107 1/2, having seen them win the big one at last. When they won in '18 she was a Braves fan.

Her legacy also paid for my little project - so I'll lift one to her among the bubbles tonight :)

xrdirthead

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 10:58:58 pm »
I just watched the Sox get spanked AGAIN!  :'(

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 12:59:47 pm »
Missed that one because I had to work last night - I must say it's even harder because I live in A's territory now. I get no sympathy around here . . .    :-/

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 04:17:49 pm »
Imp etc,

Congratulations on your new spa.  May you have uninterrupted hot water and bubbles for many years to come.  We have something else in common too.  I am a life long Red Sox fan.  My grandfather was at opening day in April 1912 when they played their first professional game against the New York Highlanders at Fenway.  The first game at the Fens was actually 10 days earlier against Harvard (The Sox won).  Anyway, that same grandfather took yours truly to many, many games as a lad, including the final game that Ted Williams played in Fenway where I watched him hit a homerun at his last Fenway at bat to end his career.  Ted would not tip his hat of course, he never did as a player, and I never forgave him.  That was in 1960.  God I am old.

Anyway, the Red Sox are in character at the moment.  They are capable of breaking our hearts.

Regards,

Bill
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 04:21:41 pm by Bill_Stevenson »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 04:36:15 pm »

Grandma was one of the few around to see both series wins.  I've seen 4 series wins, , two football national championships, but still waiting on the superbowl win
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 05:32:16 pm »
We have something else in common too . . . 

Thanks for the kind words Bill . . .

Yes but they certainly are "beautiful losers" - I guess one World Series is not enough to shatter that mystique :)

Just for fun (I hope I've figured out how to use the photo feature), here's some Fenway Bliss for you all . . . I think she was 104 in this pic.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 07:18:29 pm »
I went to Fenway for my very first MLB game. It was Cal Ripkens final game there. Best hot dogs I've had so far. Wore my Yankees cap.

My second ever MLB game was this year in Colorado. Fenway is way more fun.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 07:20:02 pm by cooltoy2000 »

imp etc

• Love my soakin zone!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 12:59:25 am »
I went to Fenway for my very first MLB game. It was Cal Ripkens final game there. Best hot dogs I've had so far. Wore my Yankees cap.

My second ever MLB game was this year in Colorado. Fenway is way more fun.

At the risk (or honor?) of being moved over to the BS forum, I have to agree about Fenway and Fenway Franks. They are both uniquely good. My older bro was at "the" game where Carlton Fisk hit "the" home run - the ticket was a birthday present :)

And in response to our esteemed moderator . . . winning the Superbowl is ok fun, but my personal big thrill was the '86 Celtics. That was the summer I got my first apartment in Cambridge, and I had a friend who worked at a sports bar where Larry, Kevin, "The Chief" and other assorted team members hung out. That was a team!

Thanks also for posting the pic of my new toy - same color too!

;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 12:59:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42