What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: my purchasing experance  (Read 2860 times)

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
my purchasing experance
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:48:53 am »
Well just thought i'd throw this out there for any responces.Anyway after deciding on the marquis 315 or the GL Trident(yea small tub but baby steps first ok)We went to WaterWorld in Kenosha Wisc. very convieniant 10 miles away and on the way to work a +.The dealer did all he could to steer me away from the trident( they sell both} dunno why he just kept saying the marquis was a much better tub.I said ok whats the maintance he says "oh with the built in spa frog system and ozonater is  get the bromine set right and forget about it (never mentioned alk hardness ph etc.I have a pool so i am aware of these things.After other things like buy an extra set of filters and just throw them in the dishwasher once a month and you'll have no prob.I said ok and gave em my credit card tub was 3999.99. Then he says well we dont really like to take cc"s cause the credit dard companies charge us 3%.That was really weird. Ok wrote check np.Tub came they put it in place and off they go no instructions or nuthin.That was weird also.so filled  it up stayed clear two days probs for first month.BUT after fill took in water sample and noticed no showroon floor tub left.and after 1 month drained tub lots of weird stuff in filter.Now new filters and all chems holding fine clear water.Ya kinda think i got floor model with who knows what in those filters.Also tub came with only shrink wrap around the middle of tub no crate or anything.Just dunno if i wanna give this guy my money for chems and such.Bytheway will be upgrading in a year.Oh and after i gave him$4000 took my water sample in store not busy he's 4 feet away made eye contact and not even a hello WTF

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:50:08 am by glastron »

Hot Tub Forum

my purchasing experance
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:48:53 am »

MarKee

Re: my purchasing experance
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 02:03:46 am »
$3999 is an amazing deal, I don't know how the dealer can afford to sell that spa for so cheap.  What dealer did you buy it from?  The dealer probably steered you away from the Great Lakes because they are know as a cheaper spa.  I still don't understand how dealers can carry more than one brand...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 02:08:06 am by Hideaway_King »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:29:38 am »
My tub wasn't delivered to my house with a bunch of material and stuff either.  I feel rather certain that it was not a floor model since it took 3 weeks to deliver (and i saw several spas out back that were in boxes and noticed the delivery guys tearing most of the box material off prior to loading them in the truck for delivery).

I don't think I'd be giving them any of my money for chemicals either.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:06:01 am »
Doesn't sound like a very comfortable, open-communication type of relationship from the START. Souring by the minute.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 10:31:54 pm »
I think I'd start looking for another dealer to work with.  Unfortunately, you will have to deal with them for warranty issues, so you'll need to keep a good relationship with them.  They kind of sound like the type of dealer who might push you off if you aren't "nice" to them.  Too bad you had to get off to a start like that.  

At least Marquis is a good spa and you really shouldn't have problems with the spa.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:10:56 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:00:34 pm »
Glastron,
I'm going to assume you meant Water Warehouse. Is that correct? If so, would the salesmans name be Mike by chance? If so, let me know. I'd recommend you check a past entry I started regarding my attempts to purchase a 05' Marquis floor model from them.

glastron

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:48:38 pm »
yep anyway from what i read it was a really good price and theres tons of places around here to get chems

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 01:54:47 pm »
May I suggest The Great Escape in Gurnee, Illinois. Ask for Ron. It's only a 15-20 minute drive from where I live (Bristol, WI.). He is very helpful.
When (IF :'() I ever get a hot tub, he will be the person I go see.
Good luck,
Ben

glastron

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 11:45:17 pm »
yea we bought our deck furniture there

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 05:17:40 pm »
It is unfortunate that the experience didn't start right for you.  If I had a customer who bought a spa from my company and had a negative experience I would want to know about it.  If it wasn't the owner that you have dealt with up until now, you should ask for them and let them know.  You will probably be well taken care of and get this important relationship back where it should be.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 05:17:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42