What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2-3 person spa - bought one!!  (Read 2832 times)

barshnik

2-3 person spa - bought one!!
« on: August 30, 2006, 01:10:06 am »
I've had a couple of different threads about this in the last few weeks.  At the top of our list was the Sundance Capri, then the HS Jetsetter, and the D1 Triad.

Someone mentioned that Artesian had a factory store here in LV - they moved here about a year ago from Victorville CA.  Called, drove over this morning, and looked at the Gold series Topaz and the Platinum series Falcon Cove.

I liked them both, though the Topaz seemed a bit 'cozy'.

Brought the wife over tonight (1 hour after their closing time, the earliest we could get there, the head of sales kindly offered to open the factory to us after hours.)

She tried the Topaz first, like it, but also thought it a bit 'cozy'.  Then she sat in the Falcon, and it was love at first si(gh)t.

We are getting a 2005 floor model at a great price - it turns out the colors and finish appealed to my wife (and me.)  They are upgrading the ozone to the 2006 CD one, the only other differences are the deck controls (the older ones without raised buttons work fine for us) and the heater unit (they offered to change it to the '06 in.therm, but I chose to keep the '05 titanium coil heater.)

Got a nice tour of the factory, it is slick - they made us wear safety glasses for our tour, although the entire large factory is cleaner than our kitchen.

Because of plans for the upcoming holiday, we are putting off delivery till next week.  Can't wait to get rid of the old piece'o'crap we've been using for 13 years and sit in a 'real' spa each morning and evening.

Thanks for all of your help, I'm sure this is going to work out great...  I'll give my impressions after a couple of weeks of use.

John F
LV, NV

Hot Tub Forum

2-3 person spa - bought one!!
« on: August 30, 2006, 01:10:06 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2-3 person spa - bought one!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:52:34 am »
Welcome to the Artesian family!

They make great tubs and they really do have great customer service.

Let us know how the delivery and install go.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:05:59 am »
All I can say is you're going to love the therapy of Artesian and more importantly the variable speed pumps/jets.
I have a gold series Opal and that is what I love most about mine.

It's so nice to sit in a therapy seat and dial in the amount of pressure you want. Not just speed 1 or 2, but any speed sort of like how a dimmer switch would work with a light.
When my back is really sore I find the max speed is too much (actually hurts my back), and the slowest speed isn't enough. So I sit there and turn the little dial until I get it just right.
This was one of the things that I really like about the artesian when wet testing.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:53:14 am »
I's be surprised if a true Titanium coil heater exists.  More than likely has a small % of titanium and uses that to label.

barshnik

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 12:14:39 pm »
I's be surprised if a true Titanium coil heater exists.  More than likely has a small % of titanium and uses that to label.

I would be too.  My guess is conventional metal that is titanium plated for corrosion resistance.  I've just heard some good things about this 'L' shaped heater over the last couple of years...

John F

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 02:52:35 pm »
I've enjoyed my Artesian Island.  The Gold & Platinum lines were VERY nice.

Enjoy
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

barshnik

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 04:48:40 pm »
Welcome to the Artesian family!

They make great tubs and they really do have great customer service.

Let us know how the delivery and install go.

Thanks for the welcome!  One downside from buying from the factory store here in LV is that they hire out delivery, an extra $250.  I'll do the setup myself, which will be easy since I'm replacing an old 230v 50a spa.  I thought the delivery charge was a little high, but so is the weight of this spa!  They'll need 4 strong guys or more to set it in place.

Wound up paying about $700 less than the Sundance Capri was going to cost (also a floor model), and it looks like a real step up in class to me.

All 4 pumps/motors (3 circ, 1 filter) are really easy to access for future service.

Thought I was going to miss calv jets like they have on the Topaz, but went over today and found that if I sit backwards on either lounge, the thigh jets are perfectly placed for my calves, and then the foot jets work on my lower back as well.  Plenty of seating options for a 3-seater, then.  I will be moving around in it to cover all areas.  

Opened the access panel, and it had the CD ozone after all, instead of the older normal UV model.

Getting it delivered Tue next week, so have to move out my old no-name (hope I can get at least a couple hundred for it...)

John F

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 04:48:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42