What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: redwood cabinet  (Read 2259 times)

dtaygtay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
redwood cabinet
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:51:21 pm »
 my wife say's i need to stain my cabinet. the cabinet is in great shape just weatherd and and dry. i think i just need to oil it ? any advise or what to do!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

redwood cabinet
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:51:21 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: redwood cabinet
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 09:18:07 pm »
1st. hose off the cabinet. 2nd- make up a bucket of this solution-2 gallons water, add 3tbpsn spa chlorine, stir. 3rd, use boat brush or the like and apply chlorine solution to spa cabinet. pay extra attention to mold, mildew areas. Let solution work on spa for 20 mins, then hose off well. Let dry thoroughly for a few days, lightly sand-optional. Apply a waterborn stain with a medium body. See a Sherwin-Williams or Tru-Value store. couple coats will due. Take off cover clip hardware prior to staining. If there's an equipment door, make sure to hit the end-grain of the boards as well as the top and bottom of the door and inside wood framing it closes against. Think that will do.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:29:07 am »
I've had good luck with the Super Deck brand of stain.  You can get it at some spa dealers, or higher end paint suppliers.  A one gallon container ($40 give or take) will last years.  It also comes in quarts.

Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:56:11 pm »
I've had good luck with the Super Deck brand of stain.  You can get it at some spa dealers, or higher end paint suppliers.  A one gallon container ($40 give or take) will last years.  It also comes in quarts.

I also use Super Deck stain with very good results.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:56:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42