What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where to buy used Morgan hot tub parts??  (Read 3521 times)

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
Where to buy used Morgan hot tub parts??
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:55:47 am »
My neighbor was just given am older 2 seater 50amp Morgan hot tub.  I helped him pick it up, and the person he got it from claims the tub is approximately 7 years old, was working fine and all of a sudden quit.  We just finished wiring it, and although I am no electrician, I know for sure we have 220v of power to the tub.  I have checked for loose wires, burnt/rusty connections, etc and can find nothing other than 1 little diode in the main box appears to have been scorched at some point.  Personally I am thinking something was fried inside the panel because of what the previous owner told us.  Can anyone tell me a good source for buying used hot tub parts?  He is not wanting to put alot of money into this, so what is his best bet to get it working without investing much into it?

Thanks,
Jr

Hot Tub Forum

Where to buy used Morgan hot tub parts??
« on: August 29, 2006, 12:55:47 am »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Where to buy used Morgan hot tub parts??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:58:54 am »
Used sparts? No. We get stuff for Morgan spas frequently, along with others. If you can email a pic of the open control box, pointing to the component, love to help. You could also call a local spa company who gets parts for other spas. Bring it in and match up the part in one of their books. They may be also able to refer you to a repair person who works on most makes.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 09:25:38 am »
hottub.pool_boy,

I have advised him to get in contact with a service tech to at least determine what exactly needs to be replaced.  He is determined that somewhere out there sells used parts, so I figured if such a place exists, this would be the place to find out about it.
What he is really wanting to do is replace the entire control box with a good used one as I have told him to replace it with new would most likely be in the $300-500 range.

Thanks again,
Jr

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 09:25:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42