What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2-3 person - can't try anything!  (Read 3902 times)

barshnik

2-3 person - can't try anything!
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:20:00 pm »
Want to replace my big old (14 years) noname.  Here is what I want/like:

1 full lounge with jets for back, feet, maybe thighs / calvs
2 seats, one of which will double as a full lounge, same jets as above

What I've found locally:
Sundance Capri - I liked the dry-test, but the only leg jets are air, I don't care for air because of added noise and little added 'action'.  Only the lounge offers foot action, the 2 seats seem upright to the point that opposing jets won't help much (too far from the feet.  Build quality seems top-notch, might get the floor model for 7k with ozone but no steps.

Hot Springs Jetsetter - The wet test fell through, maybe next week.  Seating positions feel very upright, I'd like to recline more in both the lounge and seats.  Again, foot / leg action is questionable.

D1 Triad / Dupree - D1 dealer doesn't stock either one, and they are teriffically expensive, more than my max (7k).

No one here in LV wants to stock small spas, what is up with that?  I don't like the idea of having to spend quoted $140 / year for the micro 2 filter of the Sundance, but guess I could live it if I had to.

Every dealer badmouths every other brand - what is a person who wants a quality 2-3 person spa to do, when none of the dealers (in maybe the fasted growing city in the country) either show or wet-test small spas?

My wife and I are both 5'11", if that helps.

John F

Hot Tub Forum

2-3 person - can't try anything!
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:20:00 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: 2-3 person - can't try anything!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:03:15 pm »
I'm a dealer/ owner, 6'4", 200lbs. and love my Solana TX. I find myself in it at 5:30AM. sets my mind straight for a.m. dispatch of service crews and deliveries. Wife and kids are sleeping soundly, usually with no jets on and a steaming hot coffee. Perfect......for me.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:40:53 pm »
If your in Las Vegas, look at Artesian. I don't know if someone was pulling our legs but there may be a factory store there (I don't really know). At least there should be a dealer. I think they have a few small tubs in a few of their classes and most owners, myself included, will tell you their awesome tubs.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 11:02:32 pm »
My wife and I are both 5'11", if that helps.

John F

Sure, it helps. You can reach things that shorter people can't, and it also makes you a better basketball player. :P

You might want to look at Jacuzzi. Their J-315 might work for you. According to Jacuzzi's web site, they have a dealer in Las Vegas.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 12:55:36 am »
look at the marquis 315

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 10:21:40 am »
Take a look at the Bullfrog 331, 3 seats, one lounger, calf jets, foot jets, great warranty, etc. etc.

It looks like it would meet all of your list of wants.
Bullfrog 451

barshnik

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 11:21:51 am »
If your in Las Vegas, look at Artesian. I don't know if someone was pulling our legs but there may be a factory store there (I don't really know). At least there should be a dealer. I think they have a few small tubs in a few of their classes and most owners, myself included, will tell you their awesome tubs.

Well, I'll be...  Yes, they are apparantly mfgr'd here in LV.  Looks like we'll be looking at the Topaz model.  Thanks for the tip, don't know how I missed Artesian as a possibility.

John F

barshnik

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 01:26:26 am »
Took the wife to the Sundance dealer, and she really likes the Capri (dry sit) - it seems like we might wind up with that even without a wet test possible.  I've heard enough good things to make me feel comfortable buying it without a wet test.  We did wet-test a larger Sundance with the same jet layout on the lounge, so we've got at least an idea how it will feel.

Last on the list is the Artesian - will look at Topaz and Falcon Cove this week, and unless one or the other 'blows my socks off', will wind up with the floor model of the Capri at the end of the week.

We were a little 'underwhelmed' with our wet test of the HS Jetsetter today, foot jets at least are a must for me, although I did like the moto back jets, it's layout just didn't quite seem to suit us as well as the Capri.

I hope I'm not making a big error on the Sundance Capri without a chance for a wet test possible if the Artisian doesn't work out.  What do you think?

John F

JUST ME

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 02:05:08 am »
Hi Barshnik,

Have you looked at the D1 Diplomat?

I has looking at around 7k also but, for around 1k more two lounge's ( his and hers facing each other ( arn rests )) and nice room for mom and dad ( but not to often (lol)

I really love the 2 motors. Everyone will have really good theropy jets.

I just wish I could take the:

1.   Arm rest , life time warranty on tub and the 2 motors from D1.

2.  No by-pass filtration system with 3 filters, the GFCI box included, water falls and light systen  from the HS.  

3.  No press wood bottom ( plastic houseing )  on the Jacuzzi

I would have a really nice hot tub..

But as it is they all say theirs is the best..

but thats

just me

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 10:19:05 am »
Actually if they charge $140 per filter you'll pay more than that a year with the micron II filter.  They should give a gallon rating on that non-cleanable filter like GE does with their home water purifiers.  if you use your tub very frequenty you'll have to replace two to three times a year.  Remember, water cannot pass through a dirty filter very well and will cause the jet action to be reduced greatly.  I think that they are using this more as a marketing tool to promote "cleaner" water and will worry about your concerns for expensive replacement costs when/if they arrise after you've already made the purchase.  The good news is I think you can use their older 125 sq. ft. filters to replace, which kept the water very clean.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 10:19:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42