What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What to Buy?  (Read 2413 times)

yoda

What to Buy?
« on: August 27, 2006, 06:46:54 pm »
We are currently in the market to buy a spa, we started out looking at the  Bull Frog line and even though we like them there is no dealer in out area, the factory will sell direct however I am a little nervous with any follow up service that may be required.

Our budget is 4,500 to 6,000 out the door tax and install, we have looked at the Cal Spa line, Sundance, Wakins and Jacuzzi.  We like the Cal Spa line a lot and a friend of ours just bought one and is very happy with it.  We also like the Sundance and Watkins products but the models that we were interested in were over our budget.

Does anyone have any pros or cons on the Cal Spa line of product.  I have pool and I have never had to replace a pump or motor yet so I am not concerned about a failure of one on a spa.  The heaters are all about the same, the plumbing and shell all seem to be made out of the same materials on every Mfg we have looked at.

As far as electronics and control panel go I do not see anything that if a failure occurs a replacement can be popped in with out much effort.  We don't require, Music, TV, Fancy lights or waterfalls.  It gets down to types of jets and seating arrangment for us.  We have the same basic problem I think a lot of people have I am 5'10 in height and my wife is 5'1" so how we feel in the seating arrangment is different.

Ill say one thing the Dealer for the Sundance bashed the Cal Spa guys to no end which we thought was kind of unnecessay.  It was not the way I was taught to sell product when I was in sales long ago.

We will wet test the Cal Spa next week end, I am in no real hurry to buy I want to make the right decision and if I have to spend a little more then I would consider it.  It would seem that the life span on a spa is about 10 to 15 years after that changes in design, materials and electronics would warrent replacement to a new unit.

I am sure there are pros and cons on a 2 pump unit vs a single pump, however it is just the 2 of us for the most part and will have friends over from time to time so we have been looking at 5 seat units.

If anyone can provide some advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks
RS

Hot Tub Forum

What to Buy?
« on: August 27, 2006, 06:46:54 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: What to Buy?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 07:20:01 pm »
E-mail Bullfrog, see if they have a approved service tech in your area if no dealer around.

We have a Bullfrog 451 and are very happy.

Other than that, Sundance makes a good product, Cal spas have gotten mixed reviews although the there are a couple owners and I think an area rep on this forum that all have positive things to say.
Bullfrog 451

BigSkySpa

• HS Vanguard keeping warm in MN
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 08:22:06 pm »
Yoda,

I just went through the spa research and buying process.  We looked at Marquis, CalSpa, Coleman, Arctic Spa and ended up buying a Hot Spring.  

The Hot Spring fit our needs the best -- seating arrangement, size, fit and comfort.  Wet test as you have planned and purchase the one the best fits your needs.

There is a lot a great information on this forum.  I searched it dilegently for a few months while we shopped.  The one thing I learned is you can not go wrong with a name brand manufacture.  They all have their pros and cons.  But they all make a quality spa.  So it breaks down to wet testing to find the one the fits you best.  It can be trying at times while you sift through all of the information, there is just soooo much.  Keep in mind that once you purchase, relaxation is just a few steps away.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 10:03:58 am »
Check out the Tiger River line and Dimension One.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 10:15:41 am »
We bought a Dimension One because of the different seat heights.  I'm 6'4" and my wife is only about 5'4".  

One thing I've noticed is that a couple people we know bought huge 6 & 7 person spas and only the husband and wife use it. 500 gallons is a lot of water for 2 people. We've only had a couple of other people in our spa.  We would rather keep it our private retreat.  You may save thousands by determining how big a spa you really need.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 10:20:51 am by GoBlue »
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 10:15:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42