What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How often do you clean the inside of your cover?  (Read 2237 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
How often do you clean the inside of your cover?
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:58:26 pm »
I've noticed that the inside of my cover has a strong Plastic smell to it. How often do you clean the inside of your cover? Also, what is the best cleaning method?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 10:58:11 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

How often do you clean the inside of your cover?
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:58:26 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: How often do you clean the inside of your cove
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 01:39:56 pm »
I wipe my down the underside of my cover with spa water right after a super-chlorination/ shock treatment. All areas at and above the waterline should be hit with the super chlorinted water, Pillows, behind the pillows, bartop.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 06:01:03 pm »
We have a blanket so the only part of the cover that ever gets wet is about 3 inches around the edges.  I wipe it down but it needs something stronger.  I use Windex & a Mr. Clean Eraser Pad to clean around the top of the tub so I wil try that on the cover.  I do not want to use 303(?) since it probably would drip off condensation into the spa water.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

BigSkySpa

• HS Vanguard keeping warm in MN
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 06:29:15 pm »
Snowbird

How easy is it to remove your spa blanket?  I am thinking about using one this winter.  Not sure if it would pay for its self based on heating savings.  Any thoughts?

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 06:59:10 pm »
Snowbird
How easy is it to remove your spa blanket?  I am thinking about using one this winter.  Not sure if it would pay for its self based on heating savings.  Any thoughts?
My tub is indoors so I only use the blanket to protect ther underside of the cover, but it does help to hold the temp a lot.  When I fold the cover back I stop fro a few seconds when the 1st half is vertical and hold the blanket up against it.  This allows most of the water to drip off into the tub.  When I fold the 1st half back, I take the cover with it.  Then I lift the whole cover and the blanket.  My Coverlift 1 holds it all vertical and any water off the 2nd half drips into the tub.  I get very little water on the floor around the tub.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:36:59 am »
We have a blanket so the only part of the cover that ever gets wet is about 3 inches around the edges.  I wipe it down but it needs something stronger.  I use Windex & a Mr. Clean Eraser Pad to clean around the top of the tub so I wil try that on the cover.  I do not want to use 303(?) since it probably would drip off condensation into the spa water.
I don't understand why you think a little 303 would be a problem in your tub.  I use it liberally under my cover and, when draining, will use it on the waterline and above in the tub.  303 will not cause your water chemistry any problems...as a matter of fact, I feel like it may have a positive effect as a defoamer though I haven't tried it as such.  Maybe I'll give it a go and let you know.  

BTW, one very nice added benefit of using it under the cover--when opening the cover, a nice, slick, freshly applied cover slides off the tub MUCH easier! 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:36:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42