What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 400 series  (Read 2646 times)

Mocha Bella

Jacuzzi 400 series
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:35:36 pm »
Anyone having trouble with the new 400 series?  I'm up to my 6th repair call.  When it works, it's wonderful.  Heating sensor, leak, diverter valve problem, broken control panel.... :'(

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 400 series
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:35:36 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: Jacuzzi 400 series
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:03:25 pm »
I am no Jacuzzi fan but for the most part they are good spas. Any manufacturer will have issues with spas, that is the purpose of the warranty. It can be frustrating and inconvenient but we do not live in a perfect world.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

bwbski22

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 08:25:56 pm »
what jacuzzi model did you get?  and when did you buy it?  where do u live?

Mocha Bella

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:26:27 am »
I purchased the Jacuzzi 470 several months ago from a store in NY.

bwbski22

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 09:50:16 am »
i have narrowed my selection down to this tub also.  how have you liked the tub other then the repairs?  how has your dealer been with the repairs?

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 02:15:17 pm »
I suggest that you drain and re-fill your tub putting in the correct dosages for the chems.  
Test the water to ascertain that everything is in the correct range and forget about it.  Why is changing the water viewed as such a big deal around this place?  It is not a big deal.  When in doubt, change the water.

Bill

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 02:20:15 pm »
I suggest that you drain and re-fill your tub putting in the correct dosages for the chems.  
Test the water to ascertain that everything is in the correct range and forget about it.  Why is changing the water viewed as such a big deal around this place?  It is not a big deal.  When in doubt, change the water.

Bill
I'm not sure where the water chemistry thing came in....  :-?
In any case, if the 400 series is a "new" style, I'd imagine it's like anything else...it'll have bugs that need to be worked out of the system, and unfortunately, you're going to be along for the ride until things get smoothed out. If you love your tub, though, buckle up, hold on, and remember that it's all warranty work, and it sucks, however is worth it in the end.  If there are enough headaches, you might talk to your dealer about how much you have to go thru before it's considered a "lemon"  and is able to be replaced with a new tub. (just a thought, not necessarily a GOOD one)
RIP C-Rod

mjb

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 02:37:48 pm »
We have delivered several already.
So far the one and only problem
has been a single blown speaker
on a J-470.  Which the owner said
his kids had the volumn cranked.

Mocha Bella

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 07:27:40 am »
Thank you all for your feedback. I realize it's under warranty. It's just that I bought the Jacuzzi premium thinking that, being around so long, the bugs would have been worked out.  Water chemistry is great, so I'm not sure why I should empty and fill.  Not like rebooting the computer? :-/

Anyway, the 470 is wonderful in every way. The store has been extremely responsive to my concerns. Hopefully I can just enjoy it now.  Thanks all. ::)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:09:58 am »
I'm guessing that Bill is replying to another thread.

Brewman

Mocha Bella

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 11:06:40 am »
Me too.  Unless my hot tub has turned into a Mac and corrects all the bugs when restarting :)

Mocha Bella

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 06:40:24 pm »
other thoughts ;)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 11:12:15 am »
Most of those parts are used on other Jacuzzi models, so I don't think working out the bugs is the issue.  You seem to have a few PIA problems with your spa that your dealer has or will repair and then life should be good.

It is comforting when you have a reponsive dealer.

Mocha Bella

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 07:50:36 am »
And, this has been the case.  Working great now, thanks!

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 12:28:27 am »
If you want to make a good buy based on practical function...stick with the 300 series.  I've wet tested the 400 series and it doesn't perform any better.  You have a higher waterfall with "cool" lights in the foot jet and cool down seat.  Nothing that seems worthy of price increase.  Remember your cover is on the spa when not in use.  You can't see all the silly stuff.  I question the cover long term too.  Filter is supposed improvement, but they might be having initial issues that will eventually work out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 12:28:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42