What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pricing on HS Vista  (Read 2135 times)

KRose

Pricing on HS Vista
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:19:51 pm »
We are looking at HS Vista and did a wet test.  It was fab!  I loved the jet configuration much more than our prior Grandee.  We were quoted $11,300 for the 2005 floor model Vista we tested (includes lift & spa audio 1).  The quote we received for new 2006 Vista model with lift and spa audio 2 was $12,700.  Are these fair prices?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Pricing on HS Vista
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:19:51 pm »

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
Re: Pricing on HS Vista
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:16:55 pm »
If  I recall, when I was shopping, I was quoted Vista at 9395, including step, cover, lifter, chemicals and delivery.

Danny_L

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:02:21 pm »
I bought my 2006 Vista last month and total price out the door with delivery, set-up chemicals, the good cover lifter and upgraded steps was $9295.  

One week before delivery they told me the color I chose would take a little longer but I could have the dry floor model that would have the same warranty as new and $300 store credit!  I jumped on that and I love my Vista!!!
2006 Hotsprings Vista

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 08:36:34 am »
Make 'em an offer on the 05. Worst they could say is "NO." Not a good word to use on a spa showroom floor. They are reasonable though.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Buckee

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 09:37:08 am »
Our '05 was $9523 last November, with all the bells and whistles including a crane delivery to a 2nd story deck.  No Spa Audio though - I think that was $1K+ more.  I agree with hottub poolboy - make an offer on the '05 - they want it gone.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 10:12:23 am »
The price seems a little bit high for the Vista with SpAudio II, but then again they are a lengthy installation.  I would see about getting something thrown in with that price- maybe a set of EVERWOOD steps or a towel-rack.  Perhaps one of those new privacy screens that Hot Spring makes.

They should do this in a blink of an eye if you're getting the SpAudio II.

KRose

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 10:57:14 am »
Thanks for all the useful advice.  Sounds like we need to do a little negotiating.  By the way, the Spa Audio was priced at $2500.  Is that about standard?  Any comments about how others like that added on feature would help tremendiously.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 11:44:18 am »
KRose, $2500 is a bit more than what we sell it for, but it is definitely a great feature.  It's leaps and bounds above SpAudio I, which was leaps and bounds ahead of a vast amount of stereo options.

The added bonus of the remote control is really nice.  We used to sell SpAudio I for about 1800 or so (SpAudio definitely makes negotiating more active) and the remote for 500.  It's a decent price, but I think they can do a bit better on it.  I wouldn't hardball them for cash off, but I'd definitely look for a second set of filters or an upgrade on the steps for that price.

Good luck!

hymbaw

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 11:58:18 am »
I'd take my $2500 up to Best Buy and get my whole house rockin'. Skip the Spaudio.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 06:42:44 pm »
I'd take my $2500 up to Best Buy and get my whole house rockin'. Skip the Spaudio.

Amen, brother.

$2000+ seems a little silly to me.  My Grandee was $8900 with no Spaudio.  Another $2000+ is a 25% price hike.  For music.  :o

Now, I'm a musician, I love music.  But over $2000?  My (pretty kick a$$) home surround sound system was less than that, and it shakes the house!

My band's PA system was less than that, and you can hear it 4 blocks away.

Just seems a little crazy to me.

Danny_L

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 09:18:32 pm »
I never understood the price on Spaudio either.  Just think of the killer patio stereo setup you could put together on your own for that price.  On top of that, if the Spaudio goes haywire (which I hear they are prone to), it's gonna be a pain to have fixed.  

Good luck in your purchase though!  ;)
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 09:18:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42