What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Hot Tub Help  (Read 4914 times)

VV

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Need Hot Tub Help
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:16:07 pm »
Hello,
  K, my husband is now ready to purchase a hot tub for us.  Now, I realize that many of you have extravagant hot tubs, but we were thinking of purchasing a portable one.

We're considering a portable 3-4 seater.  We just want to fill it up and plug it in, don't want the hassles of calling in an Electrician, or spending a fortune on a spa.

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced one that's well worth the money? Maybe, $2500 to $3000.

We have looked at a couple of them online, but just wanted some other opinions if possible.  We had concern about the height of the spas.  Is there an average height or water fill capacity that we need to consider???

I need this spa for medical reasons, as I believe it will provide much relief from daily aches & pains of fibromyalgia.  My neck and shoulder gives me the biggest problem, so would want water to address these areas without having to sit on the floor of the tub.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Hot Tub Forum

Need Hot Tub Help
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:16:07 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Need Hot Tub Help
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:22:42 pm »
To get a quality product in that size, you are going to have to spend a bit more.  You will end up paying more after you have the product if you spend less now.

For a 3 person spa, I'd suggest the Solana SX from Hot Spring.  It is a great, plug in spa with Hot Spring's moto massage.  The Solana line is designed with folks with arthritis in mind, so it is easy to get in, turn the knobs and take care of.

http://www.solanaspa.com

The site has a dealer locator, so you can find your nearest dealer.  You will find the spa to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $4,000 - $4,500 at the highest.

Its a great spa.  Good Luck!!!
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

The_Bends

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:12:11 am »
I would consider looking at a Softub.  They are very portable, very simple and soft all around.  They are not inflatable, and provide a very good warranty.  Plus, after you put the years on the Softub, you can have it 'reskinned' and you wind up with a brand new tub all over again.  

Good luck on your search! ;)
Arctic Spas Hydrotherapy Technician

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 11:25:04 am »
I would suggest you go shopping at a few spa dealers to see what the lay of the land is.  Take your swim suits and wet test a few spas.  Once you find what you want you can reconsider your budget, which is too small.  Sorry to be so blunt, but there is nothing in that price range that is a good product.  I am not a dealer, not in the industry, and have no axe to grind whatsoever.  A few good brands to look at in no particular order include:  Jacuzzi, HotSpring, Sundance, D1, Marquis, Caldera.  

Regards,

Bill

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 11:29:53 am »

Solana RX

Very portable.  Turn that rascal up on it's side and roll the dickens out of it.

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:33:49 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 11:32:07 am »
It's doubtful you can avoid the electrician. Even something "plug and play" requires a dedicated circuit" to be safe and up to code. "Dedicated circuit" means that the electrical circuit runs directly from the circuit breaker panel to the spa with NOTHING else on it. No lights or other outlets.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Pathfinder

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 11:33:13 am »
You can also check out the Family Fun series  and the Victory Series from Calspas
if you not looking to break the bank   and they have full warranty

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 11:33:19 am »
I assume this tub will be used indoors or in a very warm enviroment?  If you are planning on using the tub outside in the snow, the $$ to heat it will be more money per month than finanancing  a higher end unit.  ;)

Not saying you shouldn't buy a $3000 tub, but you should understand what you are getting and hopefully we can help you understand if it will meet your expectations.

What are you using the tub for?

:)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:34:32 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 12:26:43 am »
I assume this tub will be used indoors or in a very warm enviroment?  If you are planning on using the tub outside in the snow, the $$ to heat it will be more money per month than finanancing  a higher end unit.  ;)

Not saying you shouldn't buy a $3000 tub, but you should understand what you are getting and hopefully we can help you understand if it will meet your expectations.

What are you using the tub for?

:)

Not the case with a Solana.  Still a high quality, highly efficient spa.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 12:26:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42