What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do Ozone bubbles show?  (Read 1740 times)

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
Do Ozone bubbles show?
« on: August 22, 2006, 09:00:13 pm »
Have what might be a dumb question, but I am going to ask anyway.  The ozone generator in my Maxxus went out about a week after buying the tub.  The dealer came and replaced the SunDance generator with I believe a JED generator.  I could have swore with the SunDance generator, I would actually see tiny bubbles rising when the oxone LED was lit up.  Since replacing the generator, the LED appears shortly after the pumps turn off, however, I no longer see any bubbles.  Should I be concerned, or was it my imagination that I use to see them?  I am sure it is working because the LED light comes on, however, maybe it is possibly not putting out enough gas?
Should I contact my dealer and get them back out here?
Thanks again,
Jr

Hot Tub Forum

Do Ozone bubbles show?
« on: August 22, 2006, 09:00:13 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Do Ozone bubbles show?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 09:11:33 pm »
If the injector was changed as well it could be a finer/ mist type of bubbles. Never the less, should be a fine mist of bubbles. They may know something I don't. Couldn't hurt to give them a call and ask what you should see. Good luck.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 09:52:09 pm »
Thanks hottub.pool_boy I was certain that there was a steady stream of bubbles before they replaced the unit.  The unit they replaced the defective one with is about 1/4 the size of the actual SunDance oxone box.  The service guy said they always swap the defective generators with I believe it was a JED generator. Is it possible they put in too small of a generator for my big ole tub?

Thanks again,
Jr

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 11:04:35 pm »
There should  be bubbles.  After the ozone is depleted, it turns into oxygen and oxygen bubbles in water.  If you don't, you may have a check valve issue or injector issue.  Those should not be bad that quick, but could be an exception.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 11:15:14 pm »
Agreed, there should be bubbles  regardless is the ozone is working or  not   open the equipment area  see if your tubing is connected properly. If your ozonator is under warranty I wouldn t really settle for an aftermarket  ozonator  if you paid extra for the sunzone ozonator your dealer should put the right one in.  As Aquatub said you may be dealing with a clogged bose injector

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:40:26 pm »
I will call the dealer in the morning and see about getting them back out.  Do I understand correct that the SunDance ozone generator is of better quality than the one they replaced it with?  If so, I will see about having the replacement replaced with an OEM part.

Thanks again,
Gary

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:40:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42