What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring spa with the strongest jet pressure?  (Read 3372 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
HotSpring spa with the strongest jet pressure?
« on: August 22, 2006, 01:21:59 am »
I'm curious which Hotspring spa has the strongest jet pressure. I'm assuming the HP Vista is the winner with the dual 2.5 HP motors? Perhaps each model is engineered to achieve equal jet pressure?

Does the DX Moto feel the same regardless of the spa model? Are all the Jet Stream jets plumbed for equal pressure regardless of the spa? Which HS model will pound you the hardest?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring spa with the strongest jet pressure?
« on: August 22, 2006, 01:21:59 am »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: HotSpring spa with the strongest jet pressure?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 05:32:05 am »
I've been in most watkins 2006 models. It's my opinion the High Performance or HP models bang you the hardest. Vista, Envoy, Accolade. Years ago, Hotspring had an ideal pressure at each jet of something like 22lbs. psi. But that was with 0ne or two varieties of jets. Now there much more variety in size of jets and clustered differently. I don't have the answers to your questions. Maybe someone will chime in.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 10:25:10 am »
I think right now the Grandee takes the cake for jet pressure.  As I've said before, the upgrade of the pumps with no addition of the BellaFontana makes it my favorite hot tub in the line for pressure.  Envoy is probably second, then the Caspian/Vista.  The Vanguard is a little bit more powerful than the others, but not by much.  All the other models I'd say are fairly equal.

That's just my own personal observation, though.  I don't think the Moto-Massage is stronger in any of the models, but when the other jets around it are stronger it kind of intensifies the whole thing.

Joel T

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:56:25 am »
We ruled out the HP because the Moto was too brutal and could not be regulated down to a lower more comfortable pressure. They should have a diverter or something on it. We still haven't bought but are down to the Arctic or Coleman. Artic's built better  -  Coleman's got a little more comfort and is less expensive. Any thoughts? ... or should I post another thread?

Joel

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:35:40 pm »
JoelT, there's an optioonal diffuser faceplate to tone down the motojet. I'd throw it in if meant you'd jump on it. It's worth a call and at least go stick your arm in it.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:06:47 pm »
As I've said before, the upgrade of the pumps with no addition of the BellaFontana makes it my favorite hot tub in the line for pressure.

Girraffe,

Would it make a difference if you turn the BellaFontana fountain off? Are you saying it takes jet pressure away from the other jets on that particular circuit?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Danny_L

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 11:08:57 pm »
I've owned my Vista now for almost a month and the tiny neck jets and put a nice sting on you.  I've been using all my jets on full blast but I'm starting to think it's a little too much since I feel it the next morning.  I'll be turning down the pressure for now on.  ;)
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 11:08:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42