What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wow, Hot Spring Highlife selling at Costco.  (Read 51773 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Wow, Hot Spring Highlife selling at Costco.
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 01:46:45 pm »
Maybe the dealers need to let Watkins and more importantly MASCO know what they are thinking. Everyone needs some measure of job security and the type of business investment that a spa dealer is obligated to make has to be huge. Seriously, look at the changes that have occurred on MASCO board. Is there a new key player who has a different business philosophy. Now is the time to speak up!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:03:20 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 01:46:45 pm »

Anoroc

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2006, 01:48:03 pm »
I just came back from Sam's and they are sellling the HS.

Oops, I meant ham sandwhich :-*

shabba34

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2006, 01:49:00 pm »
I just came back from Sam's and they are sellling the HS.
Having a promotion in there parking lot, or they are selling HS spas inside?  And if so what models?  How much? Did you speak to any sales people? Etc...

Anoroc

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2006, 01:52:38 pm »
Having a promotion in there parking lot, or they are selling HS spas inside?  And if so what models?  How much? Did you speak to any sales people? Etc...

Hey, I was just joking...just trying to keep things lively.

I am pretty sure if SAMS was selling the spas they wouldn't test market the program in my hometown. ;D

shabba34

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2006, 01:55:17 pm »

Hey, I was just joking...just trying to keep things lively.

I am pretty sure if SAMS was selling the spas they wouldn't test market the program in my hometown. ;D
The  ;D ;D ;D didn't show up after your statement, so I was just wondering.  I have seen outdoor promos take place in parking lots such as Sams, BJ's, Costco, Walmart,, Etc...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2006, 01:55:52 pm »
I have no idea how it's going to play out.  If it works, great, if it doesn't, that's life.  We'll try something else.

The world's a changing and always will be.  I'm sure that some folks love the idea and some folks hate it.  You just can't please everyone, but you can't remain stagnant and be competitive.  I'd be willing to bet the other major brands are scheming away with their own ideas that may or may not involve the dealers.  We'll see.

99% of the people in the world don't own a spa, so there are a lot of potential customers out there.  When a potential one stops by, I always ask them what they've heard about HotSpring Spas.  They either reply "I've heard they're the best" or "I don't know anything about spas".  Most people around here have never heard of Sundance, Marquis, Dimension 1, or Artesian because there hasn't been a local dealer for several years.

The spa industry has grown leaps and bounds, but it is a loooonnngggg way from being tapped out.  I think the Costcoalition is simply another way to get the word out about the industry in general.  Looks like a smart play all the way around.

In the meantime, I'll just come to work everyday and do my job.  And conversate with you fine folks when I can. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2006, 02:00:03 pm »
If Watkins wants to sell the Highlife, GREAT! Let me, a Watkins trained salesman, sell it! I would love to have the Highlife in my arsenal. It is a great spa!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2006, 02:04:11 pm »
I have no idea how it's going to play out.  If it works, great, if it doesn't, that's life.  We'll try something else.

The world's a changing and always will be.  I'm sure that some folks love the idea and some folks hate it.  You just can't please everyone, but you can't remain stagnant and be competitive.  I'd be willing to bet the other major brands are scheming away with their own ideas that may or may not involve the dealers.  We'll see.

99% of the people in the world don't own a spa, so there are a lot of potential customers out there.  When a potential one stops by, I always ask them what they've heard about HotSpring Spas.  They either reply "I've heard they're the best" or "I don't know anything about spas".  Most people around here have never heard of Sundance, Marquis, Dimension 1, or Artesian because there hasn't been a local dealer for several years.

The spa industry has grown leaps and bounds, but it is a loooonnngggg way from being tapped out.  I think the Costcoalition is simply another way to get the word out about the industry in general.  Looks like a smart play all the way around.

In the meantime, I'll just come to work everyday and do my job.  And conversate with you fine folks when I can. :)

Terminator

I was told the industry was in a recession?  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:05:00 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2006, 02:08:00 pm »
I think you guys should target the housing industry. I could imagine a beautiful hot tub on a new patio as a real perk for new home sales...It's hot and ready to go...just sign on the dotted line...Paired with a good realestate agent, you could be selling with little effort..and maybe opening your marketing forum to folks just house shopping who get a better idea of how nice a hot tub could look any place. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2006, 02:10:07 pm »
I think it's time for the HS dealers to get together, listen to Bob Marley and smoke a splief ...

... UNION ... UNION ... UNION ... UNION

Attenion K-mart shoppers there's a blue lite special in the seasonal aisle for discounted HS spas. ;D ;D ;) ;D ;D

Anoroc

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 02:11:17 pm »
I think it's time for the HS dealers to get together, listen to Bob Marley and smoke a splief ...

... UNION ... UNION ... UNION ... UNION

Attenion K-mart shoppers there's a blue lite special in the seasonal aisle for discounted HS spas. ;D ;D ;) ;D ;D

LMAO ;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 02:11:48 pm »

I was told the industry was in a recession?  

Well, I ain't no economical guroo, but I see dark times ahead for the industry.  We're puttering along like we have been for the last 20 years.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's great.

Our company (East Texas Spa) is financially sound enough to weather just about any storm, thank goodness.  I'd hate to see all of our local competitor's disappear, but I wouldn't cry myself to sleep at night either.  They're all swimming pool dealers anyway and do hot tubs as a sideline.

BTW, Masterspa just set up a huge tent in the mall parking lot over in Tyler with about 30 spas.  We were going to set up across the street, but we don't have enough spas to show.  The truck coming in Monday is already sold out and we've got half another one filled, so it doesn't look like we're going to be going head to head with them.  I was going to do one of my fact finding editorials, but now I'll probably just go fishing in the river.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2006, 02:13:09 pm »
Builders talk to us all the time about getting a deal on HotSpring Spas. We have worked out great incentives for them based on units sold, however, no one has followed through. If I am a builder, the Costco, deal is perfect!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2006, 02:15:17 pm »
Maybe the dealers need to let Watkins and more importantly MASCO know what they are thinking.

This will be interesting to see how it works out but the dissenters in this thread don't seem to be the Hot Springs dealers so maybe they have made their voices heard already if 80% have signed on and 20% haven't.
Some will wonder why they'd make such a bold move in their position while others may say you can't rest on your laurels.

I still think it gets back to where will these sales be taken from. If 1000 people buy this Costco.com spa this year you have to wonder what those people would have gotten instead:

- How many would have bought another internet spa from Costco.com (or some other on-line spa)?

- How many would have bought from a big box store like Home Depot, Lowes, Costco or maybe some bargain spa dealer?

- How many would have bought from a Hot Springs store?

- How many would have bought from one of their main competing dealers like Sundance, Marquis, etc.?

Time will tell.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2006, 02:18:27 pm »
Well, I ain't no economical guroo, but I see dark times ahead for the industry.  We're puttering along like we have been for the last 20 years.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's great.

Our company (East Texas Spa) is financially sound enough to weather just about any storm, thank goodness.  I'd hate to see all of our local competitor's disappear, but I wouldn't cry myself to sleep at night either.  They're all swimming pool dealers anyway and do hot tubs as a sideline.

BTW, Masterspa just set up a huge tent in the mall parking lot over in Tyler with about 30 spas.  We were going to set up across the street, but we don't have enough spas to show.  The truck coming in Monday is already sold out and we've got half another one filled, so it doesn't look like we're going to be going head to head with them.  I was going to do one of my fact finding editorials, but now I'll probably just go fishing in the river.

Terminator

Well, I was also told that the economy was in trouble and it was up and down for the past 4 years, which contradricts all the reports I've read.  (Despite Katrina, 9/11 and raising gas prices.).  I guess I was given bad information from a know it all.  
;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:19:04 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2006, 02:18:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42