What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Help from Hot Springs dealer/service tech  (Read 2408 times)

cbee

Need Help from Hot Springs dealer/service tech
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:01:51 pm »
I just had my Solano SX spa delivered yesterday a.m. and the termperature showing on the spa is incorrect.  It says it's 103 and the ready light is on but it isn't right.  I bought a thermometer today just to be sure and it shows 99.  The water is definately not hot enough.

I'm so bummed as I was so looking forward to a nice soak tonight.  I was wondering if this has anything to do with it - The reading on the spa says 103 and the ready light is on.  There is also a "set" light that is on as well.  I can't find anything in the manual that shows the set light on other than when setting the filtration, temp, etc.  I don't think it's supposed to stay on.

I can believe after all the time I spent worrying about which spa to buy that I have this problem at the start.  Of course my dealer said to deal with the service department on my own.  I should have known.  The whole spa buying ordeal was worse than buying a car!

-cbee

Hot Tub Forum

Need Help from Hot Springs dealer/service tech
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:01:51 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Need Help from Hot Springs dealer/service tech
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 09:40:17 pm »
The HS tubs do not show actual temp, they just show set temp.  I can't remember, within how many degress my ready light comes on... it is within a couple.  I'm pretty sure the SET stays on all the time.  I can't remember for sure and I don't stare at the control panel, lol.  

I'd try to be patient and give it a little more time to heat up.  Are you lifting the cover up frequently and checking the temp?  This will make a huge difference slowing down the heat time.  I know my Envoy takes a bit longer to heat than most of the tubs on this board, but I love my tub and wouldn't trade it.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:17:31 pm »
cbee, I'm sorry it's not working out for you so far. I'm not sure about the Solana but my HS spa only displays the Set Temperature for 30 seconds and then it turns off. The HS Ready Light will turn on when the water temperature is within 2.5 degrees of the Set temperature--I'm assuming the Solana is similar.

If you are just heating it up for the first time I would give it some time to stabilize. When your Ready light fist turns on the water will be around 100-101 degrees. The water should eventually hit 103 degrees. The thermometer that you are using for reference probably isn't calibrated to read closer than a few degrees so I wouldn't trust it.

If the water still feels cool tomorrow I would call the dealer to have them check it out. Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 11:29:34 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:11:56 pm »
I would increase your setting to 104 and see what that does.  Simply hit the up arrow; do not hit the set button first.

What kind of thermometer are you using?  Pool and spa thermometers are not too accurate.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:11:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42