What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring vs. Sundance?  (Read 4288 times)

cookie

HotSpring vs. Sundance?
« on: August 17, 2006, 10:42:46 pm »
My husband and I are trying to choose between a HotSpring spa and a Sundance -- looking at approx. 7x7 size without loungers (we have 6 kids 9yr. to 23) and like the open seating.  We like the Bahia and the Vanguard styles. Any suggestions? Thanks. :-?

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring vs. Sundance?
« on: August 17, 2006, 10:42:46 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: HotSpring vs. Sundance?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:48:17 pm »
Not a last name of Englander? Vanguard. ;)
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:09:21 pm »
Cookie

both Hot Springs and Sundance make excellent products, you would be well served by either.  My advice would be to wet test each and compare the dealers.  Then pick the one you like better or the dealer you are more comfortable with if its a tie.

Now to the 6 kids part, are you sure you don't want a pool! ; ;)
Bullfrog 451

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:50:32 am »
I really like my Vanguard.  I know the Sundance is a good brand as well.  You really need to wet test each and get to know the dealers a bit.  Figure out which spa you are most comfortable in and which dealer you are comfortable with.

A 7x7 spa is going to be a tight fit with that many kids - especially since they are older.  The 23 year old still at home, or just planning on visiting when the folks get a hot tub?

Good luck.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 02:52:25 am »
Pretty much the same size. You wil have more room and more jet power with the Bahia. I suggest you wet test. It will be obvious
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:50:41 am »
Not to confuse things, cookie, but I think the choice is probably going to hinge on whether or not you like the Moto-Massage.

I would also inquire about the TR Caspian as it is also in the similar size/power category and is an excellent value.

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 04:25:21 pm »
Bahia.. you will LOVE the feet jets (especially the big one!)  :D

And you'll see that the foot dome also plays a very nice role in sectioning out the spa so more people can sit in it and not feel too close together.

If a wet test is an option for you, try em both, like everyone's saying. Or at least models that are similar so you can see the power and jet configuration. Also, some people really like that moto massage, others don't.

Well, you're down to 2 really great companies, as well as 2 really great models. Good luck with your decision.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 06:27:09 pm »
In summary, wet test.  Vanguard is a Hot Spring.  Bahia is a 600 series, more comparable to the Caspian if you want to make head to head compaisons.  I would wet test all 3 and any one of them will be a good choice.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 06:40:40 pm »
Since they are both so good I would scrap them both and buy a , Ah never mind! Go with the spa and the dealer that will work best for you, they both have excellent products a great dealer is incredibly important tho!
-SpaMan~

Debra

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »
We were down to the same two choices as you and went with the Sundance Optima mainly because we were not keen on the motomassage jets of the Hot Springs.  We have 5 kids ages 11-17 and have lots of room in the Optima.  We love the foot dome jets as was posted earlier it gives everyone a spot for their feet.  It also helps to push you back in your seat.  All the seats are differents depths to suit everyone's height.  So,  wet test and see which one you like best.  

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 11:21:04 pm »
Wow, lots of opinions here. I would wet test the models you are considering before you buy. When I was looking, the Optima was the leader--on paper.  I realized I didn't like the footwell during the wet test though. I'm fairly tall and I felt like I didn't have enough leg room with the footwell cluster in my way. Personally, I liked the HS better. Let us know which one you go with.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:45:29 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Spiderman

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 04:50:35 pm »
Not to confuse things, cookie, but I think the choice is probably going to hinge on whether or not you like the Moto-Massage.

That's what did it for us.  The winner.............HOT SPRINGS!!!   Thank you Moto Massage DX!!
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 04:50:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42