What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: tiger river bengal  (Read 6386 times)

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: tiger river bengal
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 12:15:28 pm »
Just how many tubs have you looked at?
I suggest you keep looking as you can get a much better tub (features/performance/style) for that kind of money!
And where are you located? You said you wanted hotsprings for parts availability and service?
To think I only paid $400 more for my tub... WOW!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 12:15:28 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 12:23:24 pm »
grumpy, that is an excellent price on an excellent spa.  The Tiger River Spas were originally made to compete with the other top spas out there: Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi, Dimension 1.  It is extremely well made, will last you as long as you need it, and you will always be able to get parts and service on it.  Sounds like a good deal.

Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 01:26:16 pm »
Also, I noticed a foam differnce on the Bengal vs the other Watkins tubs. Why thedifference?  
Where are you seeing the foam difference? The tubs are all insulated the same. There is an engineered layering of various different foam densities: 30# on the back of the shell, 10# to encapsulate the plumbing, 1 and 2# to fill all voids, and 60# to cap or seal the bottom.

Chas,

Under the Tiger river tubs, specs they have an insualton catagory.  I was told by a dealer this was the type of foam the spa was insualted with.  
07 Caldera Geneva

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 02:56:28 pm »
Also, I noticed a foam differnce on the Bengal vs the other Watkins tubs. Why thedifference?  
Where are you seeing the foam difference? The tubs are all insulated the same. There is an engineered layering of various different foam densities: 30# on the back of the shell, 10# to encapsulate the plumbing, 1 and 2# to fill all voids, and 60# to cap or seal the bottom.

Chas,

Under the Tiger river tubs, specs they have an insualton catagory.  I was told by a dealer this was the type of foam the spa was insualted with.  

Not true.  The foam section in the TR brochures is only referring to the density of the cover.  Hot Spring does not have this section in their show handout, but you can access any of the information by the large brochure or the website.

grumpy

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 06:32:40 pm »
I am south of boston mass.  I was quoted the price for a the new model bengal with water fall, 220v with steps, lift cover and start up chemicals. I will be picking it up witch saved $300 of the price. I know there are other quality models out there and I have two Hot spring dealers in my area, with no other quality tub dealers in my area.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 02:46:01 pm »
Which dealer are you working with?

It sounds like you are getting the 220v version.  good choice.  enjoy.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 02:46:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42