What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina HS Vista rebuild pictures  (Read 2992 times)

bodguy

• Hot Spring Vista owner
Hurricane Katrina HS Vista rebuild pictures
« on: August 18, 2006, 01:14:36 pm »
Good day,
I made a post back in March about firing up my 1 year old Vista that was flooded in 8 feet of salt water during hurricane Katrina. The tub was actually on the roof for a bit and ended up 20 feet off the slab in the back yard after the flood water receeded. Flood insurance, as well as homeowners insurance, refused to pay for the damage

I had recieved a quote from the local spa dealer that I bought the tub from of $500 to move the tub back to the slab ( I said screw it and bought $100 worth of ribeye steaks and invited 20 guys from work to come over for a bbq and a tub moving party!!) and $3000 TO $4000 to repair the tub. Even though the tub was less than a year old, the prospect of spending up to $4500 to repair the tub did not seem to be worth it

I came to the boards in hopes to find a way to clean up the pumps motors and electronics. From the experts on the boards, the prospects of cleaning the pumps and electronics was grim. By trade I am an electronics technician for the US Coast Guard, I knew by inspecting everything it was hopeless as well.

I sent a message to Chas, a regular poster here and a Hot Spring dealer in Ventura CA. After speaking on the phone and corresponding via email he most generously offered to let me buy the parts needed to repair the tub and offered ANY techinical assistance I needed to sucessfully repair the tub.

Parts replaced: Cover, Cover Lifter, Pillows, 2 Speed pump and motor, 1 speed pump and motor, circ pum, heater, electronics control board.....basically the entire guts of the tub!!  Chas went out of his way to get me the parts at the best cost, went out of his way to get the parts shipped to a local dealer, corresponded with me several times via phone and email, and provided tech support via phone throughout the entire rebuild process. I cannot share the actual rebuild cost with you all, however I can assure you it was WAY less than the quote I recieved from the dealer I purchased the tub from. (in all fairness, the dealship has changed hands since I bought the tub. I do not think I would have recieved such a ridiclous quote from the previous owners)

Now for the link. I have pictures of the entire process. Click on the link or paste it to your browser. To view the album just click on view as guest. The pictures are posted on AOL You've got Pictures
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=qehO4z9cYlknFOqyi5V6qNHFbaVIrs0QHNQv1i3%2bBvhWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

This is the link to the day we got back to our home after Katrina, if you are interested. There is only a few pictures of the tub, however if you want to see what 8 feet of flood water can do to your 1 year old custom built house, or are just a maschist, feel free to look LOL
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=qehO4z9cYlknFOqyi5V6qExOCbf%2bIx0MqsXR6m2V0HBWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

I cannot express my thanks enough to Chas and the entire board. I researched this board for 8 months prior to my tub purchase. I got a great tub at a great price through my research here. When disaster struck you guys were right there with support and advice. When all appeared to be lost, Chas comes along and goes WAY out of his way to help. It says alot about Chas, and the users of this board.

If you live near Ventura California and are looking to buy a hot tub, I cannot beleive there would be any better place to buy a tub or service your existing tub, than through Chas and his Ventura Hotsping dealership!!!

Thank you again all....heres to hopping I dont have to do this again LOL

Scott

Hot Tub Forum

Hurricane Katrina HS Vista rebuild pictures
« on: August 18, 2006, 01:14:36 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:39:32 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hurricane Katrina HS Vista rebuild pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:44:05 pm »
That is a GREAT story and Chas is definitely a GREAT guy.  He is a credit to the industry.

I'm glad you're doing well and I hope you and your family enjoy your home and your spa. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 02:14:02 pm »
Ah, the elusive Copper shell with Rust cover.

bodguy

• Hot Spring Vista owner
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:01:34 pm »
Ah, the elusive Copper shell with Rust cover.

It's a great color combo isn't it?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 06:57:13 pm »
Great story.  Great photos. :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 12:51:40 am »
Congrats. What a great story. Yep, Chas is a super nice guy. I'm glad it worked out for you.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:52:24 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 09:32:03 am »
Wow, what a story.  Thanks for sharing it with us. Way to go, Chas!  If only the whole world could treat each other this way...I spent almost a week in Slidell, LA last November with my boss and a coworker.  We took a van load of new clothing, flip flops, etc. and volunteered at one of the local churches.  I had major surgery in April, so I was not yet allowed to help with the work of gutting homes, but instead stayed at the church and assisted in handing out supplies.  It was a life changing experience.  
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 04:32:35 pm »
Nice Job Chas...way to step up and help someone when you can and I am sure you do it daily.... :).....enjoy the tub and Thank you for being someone who helps to protect our country.... 8-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 04:32:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42