What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman Spas  (Read 4253 times)

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
Coleman Spas
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:15:21 am »
I wet tested two coleman brand spas 472 and Maax 706.   The dealer has been around for years and seem to know his products (to a newbie anyway).   I enjoyed the jet action and liked the foot zone on the loungers.  The major plus was my wife thought it was easy to get in and out of seat (Hip issues).  I don't no why as the footwell appears to be close to other tubs, the only thing is the overall height 35 inches,  well who knows :)

What do peoples (owners)  think about the Coleman tubs (excluding the FF vs TL -- Personal choice)?  Any problems with jets motors, filtering?

pros:
Every jet could be turned off by simple tunring of jet.
Jet spinning action.
foot jets

cons
form fiiting collars (only one can be switched to x-collar)
it seemed like you had to know the tricks to collar the diverters.

Bonus question,  the Coleman site, Brochure, and the dealer had Maax M6 (Photo shoot).   Is there a reason, why you can't place an order?  I was told coleman is not taking orders until after November.    

Hot Tub Forum

Coleman Spas
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:15:21 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Coleman Spas
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:24:35 am »
Hi,

Folks here who have a coleman like them. That's all I know about them.  

The pros you listed  are not exclusive to coleman. Just about every jet (except small bullet jets) can be rotated to be open and closed. Most tubs feature some spinning jets, and many other tubs have a variety of foot jets. I'm not saying the coleman isn't the right tub for you, just if those are the reasons, there are hundreds of tubs that have the same features.  :)

It's good that you found a tub that you liked and your wife was comfortable with (making the wife happy was a critical requirment on  my list as well).

07 Caldera Geneva

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 10:33:05 am »
Some of the other tubs we checked out like HotSpring and Sundance, i noticed that you couldn't turn off the small jets.  You had to leverage the diverters.   If that is not true, I'll have to go back to those dealers.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 10:40:33 am »
I would check out all of the larger manuf.: Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hotspring, Caldera, Marquis, Dimension One

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 11:20:21 am »
I would check out all of the larger manuf.: Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hotspring, Caldera, Marquis, Dimension One

Ditto
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:21:29 am »

Ditto

Yep.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 12:11:22 pm »
Some of the other tubs we checked out like HotSpring and Sundance, i noticed that you couldn't turn off the small jets.  You had to leverage the diverters.   If that is not true, I'll have to go back to those dealers.

Many spas have a lot of little jets that can't be turned off. Thermospa's loungers come to mind.

On my Dynasty thre are only a couple of jets that can't be turned off on each pump as they don't want you turning pumps on high with all the jets turned off.

Nearest Coleman Dealer is 100 miles away for me, but I hear they are nice :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:15:36 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

PVM

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:53:22 pm »
I wet tested two coleman brand spas 472 and Maax 706.   The dealer has been around for years and seem to know his products (to a newbie anyway).   I enjoyed the jet action and liked the foot zone on the loungers.  The major plus was my wife thought it was easy to get in and out of seat (Hip issues).  I don't no why as the footwell appears to be close to other tubs, the only thing is the overall height 35 inches,  well who knows :)

What do peoples (owners)  think about the Coleman tubs (excluding the FF vs TL -- Personal choice)?  Any problems with jets motors, filtering?

pros:
Every jet could be turned off by simple tunring of jet.
Jet spinning action.
foot jets

cons
form fiiting collars (only one can be switched to x-collar)
it seemed like you had to know the tricks to collar the diverters.

Bonus question,  the Coleman site, Brochure, and the dealer had Maax M6 (Photo shoot).   Is there a reason, why you can't place an order?  I was told coleman is not taking orders until after November.    

I know Emerald doesn't get alot of screen time on this forum, but we have had our Emerald Spa for a few years and we can turn every water jet on or off.  Our spa also has spinner jets.  However, we did not order the foot jets, although they do have them.  Another nice feature I like is that all the jets operate at the same time!  Emerald does not use diverter valves.  Almost all the other spas we checked out had them - which I did not like.

We love the spa and sounds to have the features you are looking for.  I'm sure a few of the others listed are good spas as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Good luck!

loosenupspas

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 04:50:41 pm »
As a Coleman Dealer, both 706 and 472 are extremely popular spas.  They are very different in their configuration though and cost too.  Comfort is a strong plus for Coleman, so your wife's ability to move around the spas is typical of their design.   The seating is termed Performance, shaped like a Captian's chair or the old fashion Egg Chair(shows age).

I don't totally understand your question about the footwell, but I will do what I can.  Coleman is a molded fiberglass shell and generally deeper than most full foam tubs, which tend to be more flat.  The footwell is flat with no foot dome as an obstacle walk around.

The filteration is a simple pool style, inexpensive to replace and easy to maintain

Coleman considated it production facilities to Arizona, while this casued growing pains most have been solved and production is back up to speed.  Production time is similar to most other major spa manufacturers.  I know of no reason that you couldn't place an order today and expect it in 4 to 6 weeks.  Coleman is wide open for business and building the best valued spas in the industry.  Is your question about placing an order for an M6, I see no reason why could not do that.

let me know if I can aswer anymore questions....Warmly Tom Smith

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 04:50:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42