What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Ozone or Peak Ozone on Arctic Spa?  (Read 5619 times)

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
Arctic Ozone or Peak Ozone on Arctic Spa?
« on: August 14, 2006, 10:27:30 pm »
I am going to purchase an Arctic spa.  Does anyone have a recommendation on whether the upgrade to the "Peak" Ozonator is worth it over the "Arctic" Ozonator? The upgrade is $800, so compared to the total price, that is fairly substantial.

Thanx,

Steven-

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Ozone or Peak Ozone on Arctic Spa?
« on: August 14, 2006, 10:27:30 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Arctic Ozone or Peak Ozone on Arctic Spa?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 05:04:36 am »
In my opinion it will take you 3-4 lifes of the tub to offset the savings in reduced chemical usage. A clean sanitized tub requires the use of chlorine or bromine. I think a good CD ozonator is important to keep your water fresh between additions of chlorine, but for 800 bucks it better do everything by itself and it won't. It's your call but I would pass.

It however is the fanciest mixing chamber I have seen except the one we built at our local water treatment plant. I would like to see it in person. I think there drawing is not showing a few things.
Retired

Styx555

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 09:49:28 am »
based on this response, would you go with no ozone system and use just bromine and chlorine? I am also looking at an Arctic, with no ozone system.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 09:54:34 am »
$800 (American/USD?) to me is $$$$.

My Freshwater oxzone system runs about $250-300.  Why is the Artic unit so much more?

The FW ozone is a CD unit, that runs 24/7 and is piped through a contact chamber. (This, I feel is important, as we've seen in other threads tubs without this set up have questionable results).  I have very good results with my 03 unit, and recomend them, but at $800,  if this is a similliar unit/results to my $300 unit, I'm more in line with Tman on this one.

What's the "peak" unit?

07 Caldera Geneva

anne

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:47:23 am »

this is what I put in the other thread:

Did you get the Arctic Ozone, or Peak Ozone? Comments on either?

Steven-

I got the Arctic ozone, as nobody could really explain to me how the other was better. My dealer was an idiot. I think there is more contact time in the Peak, and I do believe that that is important, from what I have learned here since then. Both were rediculously overpriced, so I decided to go with the less expensive. I am very happy with my water's clarity, but I really dont know how much the ozone contributes. I was determined to have a tub with ozone when I bought, having heard soooooo many people, including my uncle, rave about it, so I bought what I could afford.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:47:44 am by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 06:19:51 pm »
The contact chamber on the Peak Ozone system from Arctic is very elaborate. Looks like it may greatly increase contact time which is very important. But will it increase it enough to justify it's cost in sanitizer savings? I dout it. However, they have put alot of though into it and are on the road to an affordable ozone system as are some other manufacturers, are they there yet, nope. Our water treatment plant has a multi million dollar system ( I think 27 to be exact) that is also getting close but they still use chlorine.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 06:23:47 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 06:25:48 pm »
based on this response, would you go with no ozone system and use just bromine and chlorine? I am also looking at an Arctic, with no ozone system.

No I use an ozonator to help in between uses, along with a silver ion cartridge. This also allows me to reduce the amount of chlorine I add after my soak by a little bit.
Retired

green1320

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 09:41:26 pm »
I agree with DrewStar my FW III unit was 199.00 and think it works great but I don't know if for 800.00 I would have added this feature.
2006 Tiger River Caspian

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 09:41:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42