What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Distance to hot tub floors?  (Read 3774 times)

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
Distance to hot tub floors?
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:23:59 pm »
I've been shopping around and I found HT i liked (jet wise) but have a unique issue.  My wife has hip problems and is finding the HT hard to in / out of the seats.

Is anyone away of a HT, where the seating is higher?  So far the easies one was HotSpring Grandee and Vista, which are 38" tubs.  I'm checking out Coleman late today but I'm figuring it might be out since the HT is only 35" high.

Arctic (Summit and Tundra) to low
Sundance (Optima)  to low

Hot Tub Forum

Distance to hot tub floors?
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:23:59 pm »

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Re: Distance to hot tub floors?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:55:54 pm »
HotSpring Accolade - 36"

HotSpring Envoy - 36"

HotSpring Vanguard - 36"

HotSpring Jetsetter, Prodigy, Sovereign - 33"

Jacuzzi 460 - 34"

Jacuzzi 345, 335 - 36"

Jacuzzi 325 - 32"

Jacuzzi 315 - 34"

Sundance Martin - 33"

Sundance Capri - 30.5"

Sundance Caprio - 33"

Cadera Martinique - 34"

Arctic Spas Cub - 34.25"

Arctic Spas Yukon - 34.5"

The_Bends

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:04:29 pm »
The cub and yukon are both easy to get in and out of, as they have molded steps.  They also stand 34" inches high, and if you would like roomy, the yukon has seating forup to 6.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:05:03 pm by The_Bends »
Arctic Spas Hydrotherapy Technician

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:14:01 pm »
Thanks do you know the distance between the seats and the floor?   My wife can swing her legs over the tub, but is having problems getting in & out of seats.  Some of the tubs, your knees are alot higher than her behind and hips.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:58:44 pm »
Look for tubs that have steps inside or a cooldown seats onto which she can step up first before getting out. HS Vanguard is one that I am aware off, but I am sure there are many. Go to the manufacturers websites and look at the layout of the tubs.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 04:02:08 pm »
If you are looking at Hot Spring and the ease of exit, the Sovereign, Prodigy, and Jetsetter are probably not going to be your first choices.  The Vista, Grandee, and Vanguard are going to be the easiest ones for you to get out of, as they have higher seating.  Envoy and Accolade also have high seats, but you have to use a seat to get out of the tub.

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 05:08:45 pm »
The height of the tub doesn't correlate directly to the depth of the seats. It has more to do with the depth of the footwell.

The fact that a tub is an inch or a half inch shorter than the Grandee won't make any difference)

The corner seats are different depths, did you try them all?

Did your wife try the tubs with or without water? You shouldn't gage it on how they feel dry because you don't have your natural bouyancy helping you out. Have her try them wet and it'll be a completely different experience.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 07:05:21 pm »
Why don't you look at the Sundance Majesta? It has "his and hers" therapy seats, so "hers" is a little bit higher off the floor, as well as a huge cool down seat area, and even 1 cool down seat thats about 4" from the top of the shell. Good luck!
-SpaGirlAZ

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 08:17:17 pm »
Why don't you look at the Sundance Majesta? It has "his and hers" therapy seats, so "hers" is a little bit higher off the floor, as well as a huge cool down seat area, and even 1 cool down seat thats about 4" from the top of the shell. Good luck!
-SpaGirlAZ
WOW SpaGirl your scrolling infomercial!
-SpaMan~

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 08:30:20 pm »
Hey now, it's all true, and it's not like I'll personally benefit. They have a very particular situation and I was just offering my opinion.  :-X Lips are sealed...  ;)

spaman--

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 01:48:25 pm »
Hey now, it's all true, and it's not like I'll personally benefit. They have a very particular situation and I was just offering my opinion.  :-X Lips are sealed...  ;)

NOOOOOOO I like reading, I am sorry for giving you a hard time. I just like to herass when ever I can. You seemed to be a simple target being new and all. ;)As you will read soon I get herassed the most on this board, allow me to introduce you to SpaTech. ;D ;D
-SpaMan~

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 01:50:51 pm »

NOOOOOOO I like reading, I am sorry for giving you a hard time. I just like to herass when ever I can. You seemed to be a simple target being new and all. ;)As you will read soon I get herassed the most on this board, allow me to introduce you to SpaTech. ;D ;D

What about her ass?

I am sure you mean harass. :D

Spiderman

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 01:56:24 pm »
HotSpring Accolade - 36"

HotSpring Jetsetter, Prodigy, Sovereign - 33"

The Jetsetter is only 29" and does ride a little low in relation to the floor.  But, I usually sit in the lounger (Dual Moto baby!!), so it's not an issue for me.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 02:17:17 pm »
I just like herass when ever I can.

As you will read soon I get herassed the most on this board, allow me to introduce you to SpaTech. ;D ;D

Don't blame the messenger!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 03:35:00 pm »

What about her ass?

I am sure you mean harass. :D

Great, suppose my wife is going to get another call? >:(
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 03:35:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42