What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ozone system or salt-water  (Read 3270 times)

Styx555

ozone system or salt-water
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:53:34 am »
Considering both options right now? My concern with the salt system is early corrosion due to the salt. Any input?

Hot Tub Forum

ozone system or salt-water
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:53:34 am »

Vanguard

Re: ozone system or salt-water
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:34:11 am »
You'll want to go with ozone.  I sat in a spa with a salt system that was being tested.  The water became effervescent and made it uncomfortable to breathe.  There are companies working on bromine and chlorine generators, but I still have not seen one for a hot tub that works well.  These have pretty much taken over in swimming pool construction, but are not there for spas yet.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:35 am »
I wouldn't recommend a salt-generator for a spa.  The TDS will go way off the charts, and it's really a little too much overkill.

Styx555

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:15:30 am »
The spa I am looking at does not include either and will require adding it on. Would you reccomend adding the ozone system or not adding anything at this point? Is it much cheaper/better to use ozone?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:25:19 am »
Considering both options right now? My concern with the salt system is early corrosion due to the salt. Any input?

I'd stick with ozone but also you need to realize there are cheap uneffective ozone systems and good effective ones. What are you looing at. UV, CD, chip replacements, etc.?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:25:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42