What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: looking for old yellow frog bromine containor  (Read 3031 times)

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
looking for old yellow frog bromine containor
« on: August 12, 2006, 12:02:50 pm »
I want to be able to refill, but can not find an old one from when they did not glue the tops on.  Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

looking for old yellow frog bromine containor
« on: August 12, 2006, 12:02:50 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: looking for old yellow frog bromine containor
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 02:33:57 pm »
Fifty dollars and its yours.............................I am kidding..... ;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 03:19:07 pm »
My suggestion would be get rid of the frog system. If you want to use bromine, get a floater or switch to dichlor.

Of course there may be a way of modifing the existing new design of the frog.

I use dichlor and from what I've read the frog system is expensive to have.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 03:42:36 pm »
Vinny...

The frog while being more expensive than say a dichlor regimen , offers convenience and that can make it a solid choice for many...The new frog should be "about" $11.00 or so and for most will last about 4 to 5 weeks....so while costing more it is not say as costly as a baqua system.....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 04:12:28 pm »
I guess $11.00 a month or so isn't too bad. I thought I read a while back they were lasting only about 3 weeks.  How much does Baqua cost? I know for a 3 month season for my AG pool it was going to cost $250.00 but I only use about $50.00 in chems a season.

My only problem with "exclusive" devices whether the frog, cover lifters or anything else (and it doesn't have to be only with spas) is that exclusive usually means expensive until the patent runs out. Why couldn't any manufacturer put an in-line bromine feeder into the tub and let people use generic 1" bromine tabs.  It would still do the job.

Then again if someone bought it for that feature then the convience and expense should be expected.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 04:33:18 pm »
Vinny,

The frog is a nice system and obviously they want to make it so that people buy it and they use their cartridges that is the point of the system....lol...if everything was always generic....there would not be real competition and than no one would ever have to get better....the new green ones are 33% larger by weight and thats why they are lasting longer....also on the Marquis they are designed to be part of the water management system and not just "stuck" into the spa....by taking them into account they "hopefully" are less harsh on equipment and more effective in their job as a santizer....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 05:27:26 pm by Mendocino101 »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 06:32:36 pm »
When I first got my spa, I hated that Frog...but now that I have my water management under control (and I stopped over managing), I think the Frog is great. There is nothing floating in the spa to take out  while you are using it. And when I am away, I know sanitizer will still be injected into my water. I think we will see a generic cartridge that will be refillable eventually, and then the cost of King's cartridge will drop even more  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 06:32:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42