What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sloppy Glue Joints  (Read 1630 times)

Han Solo

Sloppy Glue Joints
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:38:10 pm »
I just bought a spa and while I had the access door to the panel open, I noticed what looked to me as a very sloppy job of gluing the joints together. I'm a landscaper by trade, so I have done more glue joints than I can count, and never have I made such a mess with the glue. There are glue drippings on the foam and a lot on the pipes, all of which in my opinion should have been wiped off. It looks like someone just didn't care and slopped it on and slammed it together. I also noticed that there was no tell tale purple primer anywhere, so unless they were extra careful with the primer, they didn't appear to use any, and that has me even more concerned than the sloppy glue joints. Has anyone else noticed if their glue joints are sloppy?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 06:39:37 pm by Han_Solo »

Hot Tub Forum

Sloppy Glue Joints
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:38:10 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Sloppy Glue Joints
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 07:50:04 pm »
They make a clear primmer too......... not that it was used.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:08:53 pm »
I just bought a spa and while I had the access door to the panel open, I noticed what looked to me as a very sloppy job of gluing the joints together. I'm a landscaper by trade, so I have done more glue joints than I can count, and never have I made such a mess with the glue. There are glue drippings on the foam and a lot on the pipes, all of which in my opinion should have been wiped off. It looks like someone just didn't care and slopped it on and slammed it together. I also noticed that there was no tell tale purple primer anywhere, so unless they were extra careful with the primer, they didn't appear to use any, and that has me even more concerned than the sloppy glue joints. Has anyone else noticed if their glue joints are sloppy?

What kind of spa is it Solo?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:33:52 pm »

What kind of spa is it Solo?
It's a Sundance spa, their Solo model.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:34:22 pm by Han_Solo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:33:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42